comments about your car.

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by chris1800driver, Apr 22, 2007.

1. chris1800driver Forum Member

i've been deciding whether to get rid of my bright orange jetta recently before i go to uni but now i want to keep it. i think i have somewhere to store it because there's no way i can take it to uni with me. and (touch wood) nothing major has gone wrong with it lately apart from loosing a bit of coolant here and there.
    anyway, yesterday i was driving through the small village where i work. i stopped at a shop and when i came out there was a whole family, (a mum and her kids and some old guy) standing around the car pointing at it saying how good it was. i got in and the woman asked me to rev it haha. and the old guy said 'you must race that with those wheels' (talking about the ats classics). he also said id 'done well there son'. anyway that sort of thing has made me want to keep the car. i also can't wait to attempt to fit a 16v carb'ed motor to it near the end of the year.
    does anyone else get comments like that? comments that make you feel very lucky to own a vw and not some cra*py corsa that looks like a car you'd get free in a cereal box?
    sorry for the useless post, i'm just a bit bored of doing college work

2. Morb New Member

I stopped off at a tatty garage yesterday in Dersingham, just up the road. They had 3 ratty mk1 golf cab's outside and a bay camper. All were in a very poor state. I asked about one cab, for a project, it looked like crap, and he wanted 1500 for it! I told him i only paid 1100 for mine, and he was about 1100 too high! He wanted 8big ones for the bay too! anyway, as i was leaving, a chap, 40ish, said "oooh a proper car" and came over for a good 15min chat about my car! He was creaming!
    Same as you chris, i love this sort of thing!

3. chris1800driver Forum Member

yeah it's good to see that people appreciate the classic cars like your mk1. pitty that younger people round here don't appreciate them, i've had a few bad comments from little scally kids who arent even old enough to drive. but screw them because they'll only end up buying a some 3 cylinder corsa with a bodykit and lexus lights, which is what a few people in my village seemed to have purchased recently.

4. red 8V Forum Member

i just get nice car mate ,

5. brushdaft

brushdaft Forum Member

I got a few thumbs-up from bikers when I drove the MK2, When I took the cabby out I noticed a old guy (maybe 70) cross a main road and have a good look around it.

Just think, in a few decades time, we'll be the old guys looking at MK4 & 5 Golfs that we see parked up.

6. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

funny this should come up iv had my car for 7-8 months now and in the last month its had loads of attention, lots of 'nice car mate' and a few people stopin for a short chat while i wash it.
    I cant imagine anyone doesnt love the compliments thou!

7. The db

The db Forum Junkie

I get alot of good comments. Its a great ego boost :lol: - not sure if thats because its so loud or so polished all the time.

8. madmonkey Forum Addict

I don't like getting comments about mine. Coz I'm shy and paranoid. :lol:

9. 1984 New Member

try driving a metalflake beachbuggy around then. had some kids running beside me shouting questions and even got stopped for some americans to have their photo taken by it[:D]

trouble is it takes an hour just to pop out for some milk!:lol:

10. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

An old man said he liked a jetta, sounds about right :lol:

i had a family (man, woman, 2 young lads) standing looking at my car saying how good it looked when 'the wheels stick out' [:D] most people in the pub i work at seem to think its an 'old rot box' though [:p] no taste!

11. kerrly Forum Member

i get mixed reactions with mine, the blue 90spec goes down ok, its great at the mo with a dodgy starter getting people to push start me and have found that by keeping it nice and clean people are more than happy and i have received many a good comment. Had a bloke volenteer to jump start my car. He had a mondeo with 18 inch alloys an half of motorworld attached but turns out has a mk1 gti he owned for 17years and was loving the mk2 :) At another garage i broke down at the kiddie working there was also dead keen to help a golf with a valver lump- he had a 8v.

My silver golf ( the ol track dog lol) gets all sorts of "manky gti" comments and due to the rust people assume its a nail an laugh- i usually get the last laugh as although it doesnt look the best it goes like the best[8D]

12. sutherlandm Forum Junkie

Tonnes of nice comments about the R32 -From a group of kids shouting "nice car mate" to a guy coming up to me asking me to rev it so he could hear the noise it made!

A few about the Astra when it was new and unusual - Now there are loads around.

13. damogti Forum Junkie

Noone ever comments about my car [:^(] [:^(] [:^(]

14. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

'are you gonna move that piece of ****?'

lol

15. Jolfa

Jolfa Forum Junkie

oh yeah, of course i get a regular *******ing from the old git up the road for parking outside his house... especially when i was leaking litres of oil at a time, he hates my car [:p]:lol:

16. Morb New Member

Ill ask some questions about that when i see you! like, "can i have a go" and "would you like to swap?":lol: :lol:

17. luke w

luke w Forum Junkie

I get the odd nice comment every now and then, but most of the time I get smart arsed comments like "it could do with a polish" or "when are you going to put the laquer on".

18. The db

The db Forum Junkie

My whole road want rid of my car. Have discoloured the pavement outside my house, stuck up a GTI Parking Only sign on the street light post and often come back late at night waking everybody up... but all the young kids think its brilliant.

19. gorilly Forum Member

people who offer to buy it do get annoying about the 5th time they ask though!! otherwise it is good! (untill they start trying to steal it)

20. Red_TN Forum Member

I dont tend to get many comments... i see a few people mouth what the f**k is in that and a few nods from people who think they have a fast car.

But to be fair, mine has some rust, a bonnet with some big dents in as the engine doesnt quite all fit in, haha....and i dont wash it much, but thats not what it is for. If i wanted a show car, i wouldnt drive a 20vT!!!