Complete Bush Kit, Bugpack, Golf Mk1, Mk1 Cab, Scirocco*

Discussion in 'VW Heritage (formerly Big Boys Toys)' started by MacColl, Jan 10, 2011.

1. MacColl Forum Member

Just a question about this complete kit..
    http://www.vwh2o.com/vw.cfm?act=shop.product&pID=16401677&lang=EN&country=GB

Does it have any ARB bushes? My 89 Mk2 Scirocco has an ARB front and rear. The front is around 17mm and rear is 20mm. Does the picture represent exactly whats in the kit?

You also don't seem have suspension bushes listed under Scirocco unless I am mistaken.

Regards
    MacColl

2. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

MacColl,

Yes all our online pictures are taken in house of the parts. Bugpack don't offer the ARB bushes, so they aren't included in their kits.
    We are still very much in the infancy with our new site - making the right bits appear on the right page is a minefield!!
    For the bushes please refer to the Golf Mk1 pages, where they should be listed, either as standard, or by Powerflex.

http://www.vwh2o.com/vw.cfm?parts=Suspension-Bushes&act=page.render&pageID=5219&lang=EN&country=GB

Hope that helps

Andy

3. MacColl Forum Member

Thanks for clarifying that Andy.

Just trying to fathom out the best way to re-bush the car spending wise/handling wise etc. It's still a good deal though.

As for your site I totally appreciate that it is a minefield getting everything to link up etc. I really like the way it has gone having all the Mk's having their own links. Us Mk2 Scirocco owners tend to have to go through all the Mk1 links anyway on most sites.

Thanks
    MacColl

4. James V Forum Member

FYI, I've used the Bugpack kit on my Mk1 build, it is a very good kit, and when you take into account it includes engine mounts/inserts as well it really is great VFM, as for ARB bushes I was going to use Powerflex ones to fill the gaps left by the Bugpack kit, hope that helps.

Thanks for the feedback on the site, it's good to know we're heading in the right direction.

J

5. Ditchyboy Forum Member

6. James V Forum Member

The Mk2 Kit comes with the following:

Front Wishbone Bushes

Front ARB bushes

Steering rack mounts (non PAS models)

Rear shock top mounts (tower mounts)

adjustable bumpstops

Rear beam bush inserts (comes with Mk2 and Mk3 sizes) these push into the original bushes to reinforce them

So if you're looking to do the whole car you could add powerflex rear beam bushes found here, and subframe bushes found here

7. Ditchyboy Forum Member

Thanks for the reply James.would I get arb bushes with the eibach kit as well?I think I would be interested in the subframe bushes but do you recommend the rear beam ones as I have heard they can make the rear skittish,plus they are nearly as much as the bug pack! [:p]

cheers

8. James V Forum Member

Yeh the Eibach kits come with ARB bushes, and should you need them at any point Powerflex do replacements for the Eibach ARB bushes too,

I'm running a complete set of Powerflex bushes on my daily Mk2, which is also running Eibachs, never had any issues with it being skittish at all, and that's running 195/40/16's on 8" rims as well

Yet to drive my Mk1, but that is running the complete Bugpack kit, so it will be interesting to compare differences between the two.

9. 3hirty8ight Forum Member

Front subframe bushes from Powerflex (yellow compound) are a nice addition as these get a lot of punishment when accelerating and decellerating. And after 20 odd years most have seen their best!

I run them on my race car with a solid front mount and std gearbox and rear (both new) and the engine doesnt pull front to back half as much as it did in the bay. Which translates to it putting the power to the ground instead if it being wasted. :-)

10. Ditchyboy Forum Member

James i have copied this from above when you told me about what is what:

The Mk2 (bugpack) Kit comes with the following:

Front Wishbone Bushes

Front ARB bushes

Steering rack mounts (non PAS models)

Rear shock top mounts (tower mounts)

adjustable bumpstops

Rear beam bush inserts (comes with Mk2 and Mk3 sizes) these push into the original bushes to reinforce them

So if you're looking to do the whole car you could add powerflex rear beam bushes found here, and subframe bushes found here

I was just wondering how much for the lot including the powerflex bushes would be with member discount?

Thanks

Michael

11. Andy@VWH Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Michael,

The bush kit is 74.47 to you, the subframe bushes are 30.76 and the rear beam bushes are 58.57
    The total is 163.80 - order online and get yourself free carriage too!
    All parts are currently in stock.

Cheers

Andy

12. Ditchyboy Forum Member

Hi again James, i realise i t has taken me a while to ask this question but after re-reading your description of the bug pack it says that i will get rear beam bush inserts to stiffen the ride. would you recommend that i spend the extra money on the powerflex rear bushes or just get new oem bushes and use the inserts?
    Or am i missing the point completely here and need both anyway?!

Thanks

Michael

13. Ditchyboy Forum Member

Hi Andy,
    Could you let me know regards the rear bush question in the post above please as I'm getting ready to purchase some bits so I can get cracking.
    Thanks
    Michael

14. James V Forum Member

Michael,

the choice is yours really, personally, I'd go with the Powerflex rears if you can afford too, changing beam bushes (especially stock ones) is a horrible job, and the chances are if you use the Powerflex ones, you won't have to do it again, whereas using the inserts you'd have to remove the old ones, then place new stock ones in which is a pain as they're one piece and need pressing through a hole that they're too big for, then the inserts need to go in.

[​IMG]

The Powerflex ones are two piece, so you push the polybush through, then slide the metal bush through that.

[​IMG]

15. Ditchyboy Forum Member

thanks for the advice, i will get a bit more cash together and go for the powerflex.