Coolant hoses ????

Discussion in '8-valve' started by dave18, Aug 25, 2008.

1. dave18 Forum Member

Hey peeps another question lol,

What manufacturer / Supplier are you using for your coolant hoses???? Have a EZ engine and had the golf for about 2 years now, when i first got it i noticed that the hose that goes from the temp switches to the pump was in bad shape so i replaced it with one from GSF, then around easter time this year i put in a new rad as the old one had a leak, So i changed out all the engine rubber hoses and the metal one that runs from the lower front up the side then to the back some where. Well i have just noticed the 3 of the hoses are in bad shape and the one from the switches to the pump is leaking along a split in two places, thankfully its only leaking like 10ml over 200 miles , Again all these hoses were from GSF so im not using them again. so what i want to know is who and what hoses do you lot use. ???????

The engine NEVER gets above half way on the temp gauge and i use VW G12 coolant.

2. dave18 Forum Member

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

good 2nd had gen vag hoses is what I would use, most hoses from a MK3 will fit your car except the rad hoses. GSF ones can be hit & miss, though ive had no trouble with my matrix ones.

4. dave18 Forum Member

Cheers bud . anyone know about silicone hoses????????