Corporate rock

Discussion in 'Music' started by Nordoff, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Nordoff Forum Junkie

**** like nickelback, foo fighter or snow patrol.
    someone explain the attraction.

I understand downloading means the only money left in music is in levi's/renault/ hair products style sponsorship hence emo........ but still what's the attraction to the public?

2. Joe16v Forum Member

Foo fighters were great once but now they make the same drivvel over and over! The same Dullset tones that is now considered 'rock'.

There is nothing good coming through anymore. The odd album but nothing great so I seem to be stuck in the 90's.

Maybe its too easy to get a record deal these days? Or maybe nobody today has any anger. As if.

3. SirGeekalot Forum Member

please please please dont put snow patrol in the same basket as nickelback..

and yes the foo's were once great, but as with all band that have been around since time began, they start pumping out some stuff that sounds "samey". but usually they have a few good songs on an album.

nickelback just suck flacid donkey knob...

4. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

why do nickelback suck?

ever listened to any of their albums, not just their singles, there is a reason why they're signed to roadrunner!

5. Joe16v Forum Member

I beg to differ over nickleback. I thought they had gone away then they turn up again![:x]

Snow Patrols 1st album, reasonable. Killers 1st album good. Then they went stale straight away lacking any 'passion'. I dont know if thats the word. I know it aint rock exactly but its along the same lines.

Foos should be good, Dave Grohl isnt dull, i reckon the industry is putting this stuff out and these artists have sold out

6. matthew85 Forum Member

nickleback and all of that macho rock **** is horrid... where they play with so much faux teenage angst haha!

Theres a lot of rubbish music out there, and unfortunately thats the music thats played on the radio..... I think if you had a passion for music you will find something you love, whether its rediscovering an older band you once enjoyed or finding something new then thats what its about....

I think the problem is, is that there is no one to help promote new bands, unfortunately the only voices are NME and radio 1 etc which to be honest, are dry... They allways shamelessly promote the same dribble in different forms yet the masses love it. I think theres a Nazi type regime on the radio, where songs are played and played till the mp3 wears out! for instance how many times was the god aweful kid rock song played on the radio last year????

Basically what im saying is, Music needs John Peel!!!:thumbup:

7. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

8. Miss Psyclodia

Miss Psyclodia Forum Junkie

Their all music that townies would buy and call it metal/rock but it;s all ****.

9. Nordoff Forum Junkie

I stick the radio on and there's a track on that I can't tell which one of the 2 it comes from until they say after.

that;
    I've been walking around
    looking down
    on all I see
    song.
    which one of the 2 sings that?

I kinda realised about this after hearing an argument about how they used to get popular to get a record deal and get rich, now with mp3 and internet they get popular to get a corporate sponsorship deal and get rich.

The way I think about it is if they have such an important message to deliver to kids growing up instead of just emptying their wallets, then they'd give away their music and make a living from concerts.
    I think that would be a brilliant way of killing off all this simon cowell minimum wage, one hit wonders, all image $4!t we get in the charts.

10. Nordoff Forum Junkie

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

11. WEZ

Wez Official Friday thread starter

that a kings of leon track and he has a very distinctive voice..........

12. Nordoff Forum Junkie

Last weekend I bought a car.
    The guy knocked a 1/4 off the price without me asking.

This is the second time in a week I can't keep a straight face at a reply.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: