Corrado 20vT - Knockhill October - 'Rado v 'Rado

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by HummuH, Oct 7, 2014.

1. HummuH Forum Member

Race 1 - Knockhill October - Corrado v's Corrado

On the grid knowing I had a bent drive shaft and worn CV's, gulp, whole car was vibrating. Went easy on the start, paid the price, lost places to a BMW M3, a Subaru Impreza and Chris in the other Corrado 20vT shot off into the distance. Got it together and had passed the Impreza and M3 by end of 1st lap. Closed in on the other Corrado and although he was out gunning me in a straight line, got past after a couple of laps. Went on to take Class win.

Wheel fell off returning to paddock. Oops.

[video=youtube;IryIr8ORBRo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IryIr8ORBRo=24[/video]

Race 2 - Knockhill October

Last race of the year so put a bit more into the start, got away pretty well. Kept ahead of the Corrado, M3 and Impreza and had a good tussle with the Gingernetta G50 on last few laps. Class win.

[video=youtube;UOtnAY23nSA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOtnAY23nSA=24[/video]

benny, 1990, fasteddie and 1 other person like this.
  2. Prawn Forum Member

Awesome stuff!

When you say the wheel fell off.... do you mean literally :o I had that once in a race. A steel wheel sheered on my Mini and actually overtook me. such a confusing experience!

The car looks to go very well indeed! What kind of power does that jabbasport lump produce?

3. HummuH Forum Member

Yes, literally. It was my fault, used a Snap-On cordless gun to tighten wheel nuts not realising they torqued to 400nm, oops. Car started shaking on the final lap. Wheel bolt threads stretched and popped the nuts one by one and shagged the hub/drive flange. I now realise why you should be very careful about wheel nut torquing. Luckily had a fully assembled hub to throw on.

Was running 370bhp at start of season (fresh build) but I think I might have a crack in the intercooler as boost has dropped a tad and I can feel it's not quite pulling as hard. Back to Jabba over the winter for a full end of year health check and some extra oomph hopefully.

4. Craigcorson

Craigcorson Forum Member

well done! Interesting to see how a fast car goes round knockhill!

5. bazf Forum Member

The hub fairy to the rescue ;)

6. HummuH Forum Member

Haha, would have been fecked without it!!!

Reminds me, I still owe you some Paypal reddies....

7. bazf Forum Member

I'm on the hunt for some spares now LOL.

Got the money, cheers dude.

8. fasteddie

fasteddie Banned

Corrado Power!

HummuH likes this.
  9. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Watching your videos remind me of watching Michael Jordan ones back in the day, I want some Nike air Jordan and a fast VW now lol :thumbup:

HummuH likes this.
  10. HummuH Forum Member