Corrado 20vT - SMRC Knockhill Sept 2014

Discussion in 'The Video Forum' started by HummuH, Sep 15, 2014.

1. HummuH Forum Member

Another good weekend's racing. Set a new PB at Knockhill of 57.6 which was awesome but one sloppy gear-change saw me lose the class win to my nemesis, the factory built Seat Leon Supercopa, when approaching the final lap in race 2. Grr. Finally sorted a braking issue that had been plaguing me all season, so a few positives.

Race 1

Poor start and the Supercopa pulled a 2 sec lead that I just couldn't peg back.

[video=youtube_share;hBWgfgrjSH8]http://youtube.com/watch?v=hBWgfgrjSH8[/video]

Race 2

Got a much better start and got ahead of the Supercopa off the line. Defended like mad for 11 laps then missed a gear change coming out of the hairpin (c. 10min 45s in video) allowing him to draw beside me and take the faster outside line through Duffus. Damn.

[video=youtube_share;QYpCJQF0CQs]http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYpCJQF0CQs[/video]

jamesa likes this.
  2. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Oh, just one missed gearchange !!! Noooo ! [:x] You obviously know instantly that he`ll get a run judging by your reaction :cry:

Looks to understeer quite a bit ? [:s]

Enjoyed that though, thanks :thumbup:

3. HummuH Forum Member

Yeah, I've raced it against it sooo many times I knew that with it's longer 2nd gear it would pull alongside. The two cars are neck and neck otherwise when on full throttle.

The under steer was a combo of me over driving the car and trying to carry speed through defensive lines, also using lower gears than I would normally use. The sun came out as we were in the holding area lifting the ambient temp by about 6 degrees! That meant my front left, the most important tyre at Knockhill, was about 4 psi over pressure and the tyres overheat quickly with that combo! If you watch the first the vid the under steer is much more in check but still could have done with a few more psi in the rears.

4. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

I noticed, that`s why I commented. It`s pretty bad in the second one.

Good driving otherwise :thumbup:

HummuH likes this.