Could a wet ecu cause alarm/central locking failure.

Discussion in 'K-Jetronic OEM injection' started by monkshood, Aug 8, 2012.

1. monkshood New Member

During replacing the front engine mount on my mk2 16v, I went in the house, left the bonnet open/scuttle cover off and it chucked down with rain. Could the ecu getting wet cause the central locking/aftermarket alarm fitted to fail? The alarm fob has stopped operating the central locking but the central locking operates using the key in the door. When I turn the ignition key the central locking locks the doors and the engine fails to turn. I had the starter motor off whilst changing the mount, so not sure if something there could cause this problem. Or the aftermarket alarm/imobiliser fitted could be the problem. Not sure if this should be in electrical but any advice would be a great help.

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

no the ecu wont effect the central locking, but if theres an alarm brain in the bay somewhere that could be why, or bad splices into the engien loom from dodgy alarm fitter