Crashed......

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by fthaimike, Dec 10, 2007.

1. fthaimike Forum Addict

nearly today [:$] .

Waiting at a 3 way lights & noticed the other 2 were working & this one when it felt like, (it worked just as i started queing then nothing for 5mins but the traffic did seem to stop so it was as if the others would go red/green but this end stayed red).

After a few changes 2 cars in front went through & turned left & i followed them but had to turn right, got half way around corner & learner driver coming along....

Gave the old biddy who was instructing a heart attack as she slammed the brakes on [:$] , driver was a fit bird who i had a good look at as i wound my window down :lol: .

The instructor was shouting something at me but i couldn't understand any of it on the noisy road.

Apologized & said the lights were faulty & went on my way.

In hindsite i should have crept out [:$] .

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

classic, her dad has probably paid for 30+ lessons to get her driving so he doesnt have to keep dropping her places, now you have scared her senseless and she is porbably refusing to drive a car again!!!!

3. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

I was sat at some lights and the left turn filter lights went green, but the guy going right just saw green light and drove straight into a transit van who was turning right, luckily no one was hurt though

4. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Once sat at some lights in my wife`s (now ex-wife, but nothing to with this! :lol: ) brand new MG TF. Lights were red for ages, and the traffic either side (it was a crossroads) were also stopped. Saw a green light and set off, cue about a dozen horns and various hand gestures as the other set of traffic set off.
    The green light I`d seen was the pedestrian crossing about 50 yards beyond the crossroads (I`m sure they`re supposed to have those louvred covers on). Thing is I`d been through that junction a million times and must have had a brain fade that day. To say the missus wasn`t pleased is a bit off an understatement!!

5. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

sounds like a lucky escape to me. Did the MG then overheat?

Just a guesse as my ex girlfriend had one and everytime we bloody drove the thing.......

[:x] [:x]

6. StuMc

StuMc Moderator and Regional Host - Manchester Moderator

Ha ha! Not that day, but the head gasket did go a few months ago!

We were no longer together, but I was the only person she knew, who knew anything about cars, so I diagnosed it and told her what needed doing. She got it done but the garage didn`t put enough oil in it and the engine seized on the motorway and now she`s in a legal battle with them.

Buy British? Yeah right!