Cruise control Kit

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by james153, Jan 8, 2013.

1. james153 New Member

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone would be interested in a pretty complete cruise control kit for mk2/3 Golfs and most other cable throttle VW's I'm currently working on one for my corrado, and I imagine it wont be hard to make up a couple extra after I've got the brackets and fiddly bits worked out. As I believe they share the same pedal box should fit any similar base VW

Is this something anyone would be interested in?

Thanks for looking
    James

2. thegave Forum Member

Did you get anywhere with this?

Does it require a special throttle body? I'm having trouble working out what keeps the TB butterfly open on a cable throttle.

3. james153 New Member

Hi,

Yeah got all the electrical system up and running just need to make a few mounting brackets for the vacuum pump.

The aim is to run the original style vacuum system but with the actuator acting on the pedal rather than having to change the pedal box. Just been so busy making up looms and such. hopefully now the weather is a bit nicer I can crack on with it this weekend.

Ta

4. thegave Forum Member

There is a RHD-specific bracket for holding the vacuum unit to the accel pedal, have you been able to track one down? It's the only difference between the LHD and RHD setups (in addition to the accel pedal itself)