Damo in VR6 vs Civic Type S

Discussion in 'General Vehicle Chat' started by b'locks, May 12, 2005.

1. b'locks Forum Addict

Righty ho then, thought I would get the old ball rolling with this one.

Mk3 16v's cannot keep up with mk3 VR6's.

Let me explain why...

I gave Damo the keys to my VR on Tuesday night to drive back from Reading after viewing the phat mk1 (which incidently, I am not having [:^(]). On our way around to the other side of the M25, we were having constant run-ins with a silver Civic Type S...basically it was taking it in turns to do 'the wrong side of 100mph' drive-bys, much to our amusement. We knew they weren't particularly quick but it was still amusing watching the geez behind the wheel giving it beans against the VR at high speeds - silly boy. :lol:

Anyway he happened to be leaving the m25 at the same junction as us, so we followed him up to the lights, ready to go up the next slip road and join the A127. We weren't expecting to race the guy, didn't think it'd be worth the juice but he's absolutely gone for it off the lights so Damo's woken the vr up and off we went, moved over to the right hand lane and proceeded to pass him and absolutely blow the guy into the weeds. His face was a picture, he looked like he was straining for a big turd, he was trying so hard.

Now there was no surprise here from Damo or myself, we were expecting to cane him but it was most amusing nonetheless, especially when he came hurtling past at probably 120mph a few minutes later after he'd caught up :lol:But it seems I had underestimated the Civic Type S -

0-60 = 8.2

top speed 130 something (sorry forgot now)

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but that's actually better performance than a mk3 16v and I am in no way exaggerating when I say this Type S didn't have a hope in hell of beating us and we were one up too.

So anyway, the moral of my story is that mk3 16v's are not anywhere near VR6's in terms of performance, I don't give a f*ck what any of the owners say. I owned a mk3 16v myself for a year and have always insisted they're nowhere near the same performance.

So waaah :) :lol:
    Edited by: b'locks

2. jjarvis Forum Junkie

:lol: :lol: Great Story

I want VR power [:D]

3. chrismc Forum Junkie

Good work, the mk3 16v hasnt got enough Torque to drag the mk3 along anything like as quickly as a VR although the peak power figures arent too far off....

Civic R's are the fellas to play against :)

Saying that I was surprised at International when I only beat a mk3 VR by 2 car lengths over the 1/4m. Was a good 'un....Id imagine it would have beaten a "standard" mk2 2L 16v

I Still managed better times than a mk2 VR though so made for an interesting comparison.. :)

4. Dubya Forum Junkie

Still a MK3 though.

Get a MK2.

Loser!

;) :lol:

5. theboymike Forum Junkie

Good effort :lol:

Not surprising really; you may get similar peak power figures to a stock VR from a breathed on 16v, but the mid range torque of the '6 will be far greater..

6. b'locks Forum Addict

mk2's are gay!!!! [:x]

:lol:

7. chrismc Forum Junkie

ESPECIALLY black mk2s ;) [:$]

8. Guests Banned

i thought we all knew that the only quick mk3 was the vr

9. Chris H Forum Junkie

:o [:x]

10. Dubya Forum Junkie

Just the car for you then surely? :lol:

11. damogti Forum Junkie

What as funny as feck tbh, made the journey back most entertaining :lol: :lol:

An ABF in a MK2 though Graham [:D] ;)

You dont leave me behind at all tbqh!! well, not until we get to 80+ mph....... but then thats where a VR is at its best imo!!

12. chrismc Forum Junkie

mine being the exception of course ;)

13. b'locks Forum Addict

I never said I left you behind though mate [:s]:lol:

I agree, with your car there's hardly anything in it until 80 odd but then I do pull away. Sounds about right to me when you weigh up the power/weight. :thumbup:

14. jjarvis Forum Junkie

And mine, i'll just swerve into you [8D]

15. b'locks Forum Addict

16. Guests Banned

i thought an abf mk2 would beat a vr.....i seem to hang with them as it is in my boggo

what you done to yours gray ham [:s]

then again i think damo is about twice the size of me :lol:

17. b'locks Forum Addict

Nothing but I am starting to think I've got a goodun. :thumbup:

18. chrismc Forum Junkie

I used to think so too, but judging how well this mk3 VR did against me @ Inters, Id now agree with Mr Testes ;)

Of course I don't know what spec the mk3 was, could have been VSR/Cams etc etc, but he seemed in no mood to chat after the run so I couldnt find out [:$]

19. b'locks Forum Addict

20. Chris H Forum Junkie

ahhhhhh, penny height drop etc. :)