DBW pedals?

Discussion in 'VR5, VR6 & Wx' started by swiftkid, Sep 9, 2014.

1. swiftkid New Member

I've got a 3.2 (BDB engine code) i've put into my corrado which comes with the floor mounted pedal. I want to instead use a hanging pedal so I found one from a 1.8t that seems like it has the same sensors G79 and G185 and connected the wiring up the same as the BDB setup, the ecu didn't want to know. Does anyone know whats going on? I have been told the MK5 R32 can't use the hanging pedal but no reason why.

Does the pedal need to have adaption run on it or something? Presumably its only 2 potentiometers so can't see the ECU's problem

2. slimwadey Paid Member Paid Member

I have a TT hanging pedal from a 2001 Quattro car , it only has a single connector though

3. swiftkid New Member

Yea they all have single connectors but run 6 wires, as I understand it you have accelerator sensor 1 & 2 as a failsafe system so if 1 fails it will just go into limp mode rather than cutting the throttle completely or jamming the throttle open. I'm just hoping people have some advice on why the ecu can't see the pedal

4. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Use the right one for the ECU
    Otherwise you could run into problems

Do a search on hear as this has come up a few times

5. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I have mk5 BUB engine with mk4 ecu and a 1.8t hanging pedal works on that.

6. swiftkid New Member

Yea, I have heard the mk4 base can run either however the mk5 base (which unfortunately mine takes after) only sees the floor mount. I've searched on here for topics but can't find anything, people say "you'll run into problems" but don't really go into any more detail.

7. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Kev is the man to ask
    Kevin bacon or oburT6RV on hear
    He's been through all this with his corrado

Sure it's something to do with the pots in the pedals
    Having different values
    And it works fine with one but not the other as the value is not high enough for the ECU so it doesn't do anything

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  8. swiftkid New Member

Yea spoke to kev a couple of times but he just swapped ECU's with the pedals. Apparently it works fine with the mk4, that can use floor mount or hanging, I'm wondering if some form of adaption needs to be run for the ECU to recognise it.