de-handeling a mk2

Discussion in 'Styling, Trim and Bodywork' started by didgy58, Nov 16, 2003.

1. didgy58 New Member

i am interested in finding out if n e one on the site has a mk2 that they have de - handled as im interested in doin it now as some swine broke into my car through the front handles u know the way, and stole all my stuff. well im thinkin of doin this as they then wont have this option n e more, n e way i have a four door and can see the back to not being a pain as i can wire solenoids into the front and put switches i can press on the dash to open them, but as i have central locking im having trouble workin out how to do the front two, im lookin at gettin a new alarm as well and was wondering if there is a alarm system that u can buy that will allow u too open up the front door on it, like have a button on the fob that opens the drivers door and another for the passengers door, well a bit long winded i know but if it makes sense could n e of u guys help, if u have a de-handled mk2 could u email me at didgy58@hotmail.com with how u did it and stuff so that i could get youre advice thanks for reading this

2. Jetta Forum Junkie

You could do it the TVR way and fit switches in the door mirrors obviously these will only work when the doors are unlocked, and this gets round the problem of passing the mot without a way of opening the doors.

3. Steve B Forum Junkie

yes true jetta,

also new alarms al come with extra buttons that can be wired into things like turning headlights on and off, one of these could be wired into a solenoid to open the door i was thinking of trying this to pop the boot open from my alarm at some point

4. Andy947 Forum Addict

If you cant see how to do it, then you shouldnt be even thinking about doing it yourself.

Go speak to an alarm installer and ask them about it!

You'll also need to speak to your MOT tester and see what he thinks about the legalities of it.

5. Jetta Forum Junkie

The alarm on my car could do it as it has two outputs a (Toad Ai606) though i've wired them up for remote headlight activation and will wire up the boot release solenoid when I find a solinoid that will fit the Jetta boot lid.