Difference Between Twin 45 152G and 152

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by Mk1Lee, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Mk1Lee New Member

Hi everyone I'm looking to purchase my twin 45 weber carbs for my 2.0 16v this week coming and would like to know what the diffrence is between 152G and a 152. I've read that the the 152G is a 3 progression hole type and the 152 is 4 progression hole type. Can someone shed some light on what this means, and what would best suit me?

p.s. wheres the best place to get a roland inlet manifold?

Thanks
    Lee

2. EZ does it Forum Member

I believe the 4 progression hole type is intended to reduce off idle flat spots, I read somewhere that it's recommended for Zetec engines.
    As far as I know 3 hole is ok for a VW 16V, could be wrong though :lol:

As for the manifold try PMing Mike_H, I bought one off a friend of his who got a few imported from S.A. he might be able to help. It seems to be a little difficult to find a retailer for anything except Mangoletsi manifolds in this country!

3. Mk1Lee New Member

Thanks mate hopefully someone can clear the information on the 3 type progression up. I'll be pming Mike_H thanks for the advise.

4. danster Forum Addict

EZ does it. Have you got your conversion done yet? Hope all the bits I sent were what you needed.

Mk1Lee there are several types of 45 dcoe with changes in the progression drillings being some of the differences. I recall a 5 hole version for the Zetec engines was developed to assist in the tickover, slow running and progression phase.
    Alot depends on exact engine requirements but the 4 hole should work fine and give more adjustability. The 45 dcoe 152 3 hole & 152G 4 hole have an air bypass system to assist in setup in certain circumstances.
    The 45 dcoe 9 does not have air bypass, so limits the applications it can run on.

5. EZ does it Forum Member

Hi Danny, that took me a while.. I didn't know this was your username, just worked it out :lol:

It's in and running alright, going to get a RR tuneup during the easter hols and hopefully it'll run really well then. Had a sneaky little test drive and it's producing really good power already, just not too good on the progression circuit.

I've been meaning to thank you for all the bits, it all went together perfectly. That flywheel is great, picks up really fast :thumbup:

6. Hotgolf

Hotgolf Paid Member Paid Member

When I bought my 152g's I asked this question to the chap at Fastroadcars and Mosely(mosely rolling roads)
    The 4 progressions holes are ideal for the 16v engines, and like said above, it helps reduce flat spots, and aids tuning on 16v engines, espeacially on light throttle, as the extra hole is closer to the butterfly.
    I've had 2 sets of these and they work perfectly, just find someone who's good with carbs.

7. Mk1Lee New Member

Thanks for the advise guys looks like I'll be going for the 152G 45's.

;)