digi lump lump into kjet

Discussion in '8-valve' started by flash4179, Sep 30, 2008.

1. flash4179 Forum Member

hello this might sound like a silly question to a few of u but ill ask anyway[:D] i have an 86 8valve gti running kjet stuff, im gonna rebuild the engine for it but can i use a digifant lump (just block and head basicly) and put all my ancillaries onto it? or does this cause issues?

cheers everyone, steve

2. If you have both, then yes, no problem.

3. flash4179 Forum Member

sorry what do u mean if i have both? what else would i need to use off the digi lump?

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

take out the old k-jet engine and put in the digi engine, swap over anything that is different!

5. Mike_H Forum Addict

Basic engine from the digi, and everything else from the kjet lump (manifolds, injector inserts, injectors, WUR, dizzy, sensors and all the air/vac pipes that are already in your car).

You'll need to block off the air/vac pipe that goes to the back of the head, above the injectors.

6. flash4179 Forum Member

cool thats exactly what i needed to know, i was just worried there was a major diffrence between the 2 lumps that would cause a problem

cheers all

7. flash4179 Forum Member

hopefully last question on this subject, been offered an engine out of a mk1 cabby engine code (dx) will this drop into my mk2 engine code (ev) ok? as far as i know it should do as its still a k jet lump

cheers everyone

8. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

9. flash4179 Forum Member

sweet cheers