do you wave to other dub drivers

Discussion in 'Volkswagen Chat' started by David Number 2, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Fenn Forum Member

i do. but don't always get any response[:s] [:s]

2. craggsy Forum Member

When i've been in Northants people wave at me but I usually don't get the chance to wave back as a) I'm slow and b)I'm driving to quick:)

3. DubSi Forum Member

It seems the best solution is to just raise your hand as if to wave, but if they blank you, continue the movement and scratch your head. Hopefully you won't look like a pleb [:$]

4. sod that, ill lean out my window and wave at them with both hands

5. enc. Forum Member

no its a bit sad (sorry):lol:

6. funkbaron Forum Junkie

:lol: stealth wave, i like it.

7. ghoster Forum Member

I had a type 2 panel van for a few years, loved the sex but hated the regular oil stops heh heh, second nature still to drop two fingers at vans - gah, forgets me in a mk II, they look and sort of begrudgingly return it, yeah other M1 / M2, I try an suss out the other driver, see if they are enjoying their car properly or just oblivious.
    The knowing grin and nod sez it all

8. madmonkey Forum Addict

10 out of 10 for style.[8D]

9. 8v steve Forum Member

pmsl:lol:

10. jimmygti New Member

i drive a mk4 and its only the moded ones that flick the lights or give the thumbs, get afew mk2 and 3's flashing

11. eamon1.3 Forum Member

Never really seen a mk1 on the road over here, would flash at a mk2 if it was a clean gti or modded. Theres a couple of beaten up drivers and gtis floating about but you can tell they dont give a crap.
    Wouldnt think about flashing a newer car, thats just pathetic, lol.

12. mixidub Forum Member

hahahaha you guys wanna see Jolfa when he spots another mk2 miles away! he spends more time looking at other cars than he does lookin where he's goin, and boy does he giyit some enthusiastic wave n thumbs up!! even more so with old old old people :lol:

it's the "golf stare", coz all golf owners/enthusiasts are just mesmorised when they see another decently modified golf and of course coz all golf drivers are the friendliest people in the world :p just imagine how civilised our roads would be if we all drove a mk1 or 2!
    peace and harmony!

13. Paul B Forum Member

I've only really noticed it since I got my Corrado. I think nearly every time I've seen another one on the road they've given us a wave. I think its quite nice, certainly makes me happy to own one :)

14. golf2 Forum Member

Yea i noticed this earlier on today. I saw a nice Tornado red mk2 with BBS RS/RM's absolutely gleeming. I nodded, then waved, then flashed but as he went passed he was just staring down at the front of my car didnt even aknowledge me.

And a couple of weeks ago i pulled up next to a nice old skool black mk2 with small bumpers and G60 steelies. I looked over and waved but he was just staring at the car. I dont think i'll bother next time. :(

15. Ben S

Ben S Forum Junkie

I find most people in modded golfs & polos are ****s who want to race u lol (especially on the M1)
    tho I have met a few fellow mk2 owners on the road who wave or flash headlights

16. tallika_fan

tallika_fan Forum Member

Used to get lots of waves and flashes in the mk1, bet Stu gets them all now, :lol:

Now in the Lupo there ain't that many, modded, ones around these parts. Always give a sly wave though.

Got a wave and a flash from a young blonde a couple of weeks ago in Stockton Heath, Mk2 Golf, rallye lights, lowered, very shiney wheels.

Was oblivious til the last moment, bet she thought i was a reet twonk!

17. I gave a wave yesturday to a white mk3 with alloys, lowered suspenison and a 2 spot w/slat on, got one back to. awsome.

18. Dono Forum Member

THANK GOD AM NOT THE ONLY 1!!!!!

I love flashing and waving - mk1 & 2's tho really battered or show condition, a good 8/10 i get a good response, i even got a honk the other day - touching - truley touching.

I think its greak how your passing each other in slow moving traffic and one catches your eye, you're both checking each other's car out with an ear-to-ear grin on your face.

19. beezy16v Forum Member

i find that some people in modded mk.1 cabs are trying to pull off the moody too cool look and so refuse to wave, or the people in the darkest moodiest mk2 gtis; black paint, black lamps, black alloys means no wave.:p

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  20. stella

stella Forum Junkie

I got waved at today by a little old lady in a Mk4 1.6! She was old enough to be my granny and was so tiny, she could only just about see over the steering wheel. I was waiting to pull out of a junction when she spotted me, smiled and waved!

Hope I'm still into my Dubs when I get to her age (at least 70, probably nearer 80!). And she was doing 30 in a 30 limit, not day dreaming.