Drove an R32 last night......

Discussion in 'Mk4' started by SiVWW, Feb 6, 2004.

1. coullstar Forum Member

Swap the wheels over though. I hate the standard R32 alloys. They look so cheap! The RC's would looks so much better.
    Edited by: coullstar

2. Mikedav Forum Member

RCs wouldnt work on an R32 I dont think. Needs BBS CHs or LMs?

3. W3LSH Forum Member

glad you didn't slate it as i'm still looking fwd to driving one/going in one myself [:D]

4. VWSaxon

VWSaxon Forum Member

Ill always dream of the R32...shame im 19 init

5. Nutty Forum Member

Rob, just put a straight through Miltek on mine, one word "LOUD" :)

Nicky
    Edited by: NJR32

6. jamesa Forum Junkie

R32.....now two months old and plenty of snow to play with just recently. Must say the traction split and control is impressive when booting it from a standstill.

It will do 60mph in second and fuel consumption during running in / local traffic hopping was 20mpg.

The engine / exhaust note combination is wonderful.

I would have prefered it to have been permanent 4WD a la original Quattro though. I find the steering a little too light and nervous at low speeds, it does firm up as you go but remains nervous. May be down to the small steering wheel or just me getting used to it; it`s the wife`s car so I don`t see it much !

Our Audi Allroad Quattro TDI certainly has a more linear steering `feel` (no understeer) through the local twisties; the R32 HALDEX system understeering trait making it / me less confident..... for now.

The ally / rubber pedals are quite rediculous and a Safety hazard; it`s so easy to slip on them when wet. Have complained and hope to have them replaced with standard rubber items. The lights are poor for Xenon units, especially the range / cut off.

Overall we`re quite pleased with it, I just need to spend more time IN it. Not so pleased with the dealer and VW customer services support though hence am unlikely to keep it much longer. It will be my last new VW as the service over the years is deteriorating.

7. Tuff Schmitt Forum Junkie

Rob, you've jumped a million-fold in my estimation.

Congrats. You're right, you only live once.
    Fuck diesels :lol:

8. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I told you Rob, tractor engines are shite. Now enjoy the shoddy fuel cosumption of a good sized petrol engine....and don't give a fuck. You do, after all, only live once.......
    Unless you're me.

9. Rob.gti Forum Member

He he - thanks guys. I am sure the smiles per miles will make up for the gas guzzling;)