Dubmeister --- Any dealings!???

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by Tubthumped, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MK2 GTI Forum Member

Was gonna try and re-order off germanplates.com but then today i got my old man to mail a couple of his clients in germany first to see how much the plates "actually" cost over there. Details to follow..... :thumbup:

2. Andy947 Forum Addict

I could tell ya how much plates are over there - 10euro (7) a plate - as i have posted in many threads before ;) :lol:

3. MK2 GTI Forum Member

Winner [:^:] that's quite a bit cheaper than the 40 dubmeister charge, i won't have to pay p&p on them either - just have to wait 2 weeks till someone pops over here!

4. pigbladder Forum Addict

5. madmonkey Forum Addict

I'm still waiting for my rear lenses, ordered them just before chrimbo. [:^(]

6. old boy Forum Member

I've been waiting three weeks now for my German style plates and all i get when i phone up is excuses........

First it was "the company have ran out of the yellow plates"

next time it was "the company have been broken into and its put them behind"

Today it was "im waiting for TNT to deliver them, they are running behind!

They never phone me, I call them, its never their fault and they dont answer the phone if you have your number withhold on............

They quoted me 45 for the two plates delivered, when i checked my bank statement, they had charged me 45.85 and a 1.50 fee to change my payment into dollars????????

euro's i could understand......

Also their website is down and has been for a couple of weeks now, what is going on? I would'nt recommend this company to anyone and certainly wont be using them again.

Its all very well placing nice glossy ads in PVW, but if you dont provide the bare minimum of customer service, you are wasting money!

Oh! i nearly forgot, they promised to call me back with some tyre prices two weeks ago...........DONT BOTHER!!!!!!![:x]

7. stimpy

stimpy Forum Member

Yep, I emailed them twice asking for prices on my wheels/tyres, but never got a reply. Went to Styledynamix in the end, much better service (I know I could have 'phoned them, but I have a real "thing" about companies that have a half-arsed approach to the web - if you can't cope with email then don't give customers the option to send one FFS! [:x]).

Got my plates from germanplates.com - paid by paypal iirc, so secure enough. That decision was based on price rather than customer service, but was very happy with them anyway...

Wouldn't bother emailing a company with an order if their site was not secure for payment - email isn't exactly any safer [:s]

8. old boy Forum Member

I've since discovered Germanplates.com, dont suppose theres any chance of getting my money back from dub!&^%$![:^(]

9. gti8v Forum Member

dubmeister = s l o w !! waited nearly 6 weeks for plates that i was told 7-10 days for....

s o s l o w !

10. old boy Forum Member

And the guy told me i would have them in 7-10 days!!![:x]

11. old boy Forum Member

[:x]STILL WAITING! [:x]

Customer service costs nothing........

12. old boy Forum Member

Requested a refund today.............

I'll keep you posted as to how long it takes (Hopefully quicker than their show plates;))

Germanplates.com-HERE I COME!

13. NicD Forum Member

Asked him to get back to me with prices for some stuff, good intial response but poor secondary.Eventually ordered elsewhere.

14. old boy Forum Member

[:x]Requested a refund on the 4th, the guy told me "I cant give you a refund yet as legally you have to wait 30 days"

Well, 30 days was Sunday so there wasnt much chance of me getting them then.[:x]

Phoned the guy Monday as requested and asked for a refund, enquired how long it would take to appear on my account......

"As soon as my credit firm issues it" Well i thought, didnt take long for you to take my wedge!!!!!

Friday arrives, no refund, but postie has a parcel for me, yes-thats right, my number plates[:v:]

Nice package and all, plates however were of very poor quality, some of the black border looked as though someone was having a toomy-tank while applying it and some of the lettering on the rear plate had been touched up with a black permanant marker[:x][:x]

Please save your money and learn from my mistake-vote with your wallet and go to www.germanplates.com for your show plates.

Oh, nearly forgot to mention the two lovely dubmeister stickers i got with my package, i wiped my arse with them and cut myself[:$]

I didnt want stickers! Just a little customer service!

15. gti8v Forum Member

i noticed when i was washing the car the other day that the black was coming off the rear plate [:x]
    could understand the front, stones ect but the rear? *avoid* [:x]

16. old boy Forum Member

Buy yourself a marker pen-Dubmeister stylie!;)

17. old boy Forum Member

Just to let you guys & gals know.......

I ordered some plates for my new car but this time used germanplates.com.........

Fantastic service, very professional and deliver when they say;)

Unlike some other firms i could mention![:x]

Not that im bitter or anything.:lol:

18. t_r_d Forum Member

oh testicles

19. t_r_d Forum Member

just ordered plates[:^(]

20. old boy Forum Member

No worries mate!

just wait for 30 days-you surely will!

then re-order-simple.:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.