DX 8v to 9a 16v Conversion help!

Discussion in '16-valve' started by Horney, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Horney Forum Member

Hi peeps, Im after your wisdom and knowledge.

I have a 9a Corrado Im breaking and CE1 86 8V MKII GTi track car Im building. I want to put the 9a in the Golf running k-jet for the time being, keeping the rod change box and the most simple way of doing this would seem to me to be to use all the MKII 16v bits in the bay to get this to work? Ill be putting a KR exhaust cam in the 9a to free up those restricted ponies.

What Im after from you guys is a list of bits I should keep from the Corrado, a list of bits I can keep in the golf and a list of bits I need to buy from a KR powered Golf to make it all work. I dont know for instance if I can use the 9a metering head or if I need to get a KR one, can I use the 9a dizzy or do I need a KR one etc etc.

Thanks! :thumbup:

Nick

2. milesmk2 Forum Member

Its a KR inlet cam you want IIRC, not the exhaust cam.

3. Horney Forum Member

Could be, I had 9a Corrado a few years back and did this mod but tbh I couldn't remember off hand which cam it was. I'll make sure I do the right one when the time comes though. :)