E-throttle issues

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by afbiker02, Sep 6, 2023.

1. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

I'm still having throttle issues with my vr6 swapped mk2 e-throttle. I replaced the throttle pedal last year with one from a mk1 TT and this fixed the issue for awhile but recently I've been having issues again. Last weekend i took the dash out and found a cluster of poorly crimped wires, so I cut out the splices and soldiered the wires and covered the joints with heat shrink. I'm still having an issue when the car will start and idle at about 1k rpm, but pressing the throttle pedal doesn't get any response from the throttle body. Though I've noticed it only does this when the car has been warmed up and usually fixes it's self about about 15-20 minutes of sitting to cool down. I don't really want to just throw parts at the problem but I'm thinking I might need to change out the throttle body next. Has anyone had this kind of a problem?

2. KeithMac Forum Junkie

You need to look at throttle pedal tracks on live data really to see what pedal is doing while you press it and go from there.

3. afbiker02

afbiker02 Paid Member Paid Member

So I just plugged in my obd2 reader to read live data and the idle sits around 1100 and the throttle says 5.5%. When I push the throttle down nothing changes. This only seems to happen when the car is warmed up. If I let it sit with the battery disconnected for about 10-15 minutes and reconnect the battery it usually starts up first try and works as it should