early mk2 8v (1985)

Discussion in '8-valve' started by rooka, Sep 14, 2008.

1. rooka New Member

hi guys,
    what are the best performance mods to do on my car, its early k-jet injection? i'm on a very tight budget (<500[:s] ) as i'm a full time student and i don't want to do a full engine swap cos i'm only 18 and the insurance will cripple me. will the 2 litre bottom ens conversion work on this car and what is the best exhaust to buy performance wise?
    thans alot,
    aidan

2. sportline Forum Junkie

at 18 a standard gti should be good enough for ya......lol

seriously, if its your last 500 quid why not just service the car yourself, plugs, leads, dizzy cap. then maybe take it to somewhere like stealth where they can set it up perfectly on the rolling road. i dare say you will really notice the difference. and you'll have some change to put towards a faster car when your insurance goes down a bit.

if you really want the 2 litre, do a search, theres loads of info on here. im thinking of doing it to my mk1.

3. Mike_H Forum Addict

On an otherwise stock car, a cam isn't a bad mod. Make sure it's running right though.

4. deepdishtj Forum Member

5. drunkenalan Paid Member Paid Member

im with mike, a cam and a decent setup from stealth etc

Is the exhaust nackered? why replace it if its not, you did say, you only have 500 quid to spend.

6. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

performance mods at 18:o thats amazing! i cant even afford the insurance if i put on some +15 bhp red ht leads!!!(so i may have to result in some red electrical tape around the ht's ;) ) lol in fact its a struggle to pay it without any mods! lol good luck! how much you paying atm??