Easy Golf mk2 ideas plz

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by DeeJames, Mar 15, 2018.

1. DeeJames New Member

I just bought a 1991 Volkswagen Golf 2 door. I currently live in Saskatchewan Canada. So that means that we do not have cheap mechanics around. With Computing prices so they charge $80hr take it or leave it. That's why I want to do a engine swap on my own.
    Something easy an Plug an Play hopefully. I been reading forums an threads an I read all similar questions and the answers are all over the place. So I'm kind of Clueless to which route to take.

I'm not 100% sure of what engine I have in my car but it has to be 1.3 or 1.8
    Vin # 3VWBA01GXMM013100
    I do have a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta with a 1.8T in it that I could purchase.
    How hard is it to put a 1.8 T in this MK2 is there a plug-and-play harness I can buy or do I have to pull the whole harness out of the donor vehicle and wire it through the MK2?
    Just looking for any easy swaps for my first time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. DN5

DN5 Paid Member Paid Member

Hi there. A quick search here in the UK and I find a small handful of places offering 'plug and play' looms to suit your needs.
    Rough costs are around 300.
    This involved sending over the 1.8t loom and the mk2 loom and them sending it back to fit the mk2 as a plug and play item. I'm sure there would be someone over the pond that offers a similar service though.
    Don't overlook the vr6 route - very fun in mk2 format plus it's plug and play harness :thumbup: