Eaton Superchargers

Discussion in 'Turbocharged, Supercharged or Nitrous !' started by Michael Ghia, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Michael Ghia Forum Member

I've seen a lot about people using Eaton superchargers over the G-ladder because of cost and reliability.
    Anyone care to comment?

I have an Eaton M45 (the dinky one) which I plan on putting on a 2.0 16V. I'm not wanting 350 bhp with it, I know that it's a bit small for the motor but it should keep up with a small amount of pressure.

Has anyone done this? What cams to use etc.
    Thanks
    Mike Ghia

2. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

I've been told that Eaton chargers don't produce as much boost pressure as the G-type charger, the sort to get are the twin-screw jobbies as found in Merc's, apparently.

3. Michael Ghia Forum Member

I was under the impression that all Mercs used Eatons?... this is from a Mercedes.

MG

4. trendy tramp Forum Member

mercedes use eatons with modified rotor designs
    eatons can produce good boost pressure depending upon size and gearing - m42 may be a little small for your application - depends on how much power you want
    tt

5. SkyRocketeer

SkyRocketeer Forum Member

Aren't eaton chargers roots type? If not then ignore my previous comments, in fact, just ignore me [:s]