eBay: Anti toe and torsion bar

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Lennard, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Lennard

Lennard Forum Member

2. aminder

aminder CGTI Committee - Webmaster Staff Member Admin

Looks good - is expensive but if you had to go do it your self it would involve some research/design and getting a fabricator to create it.

If you look around on here there is a few members who have created similar setups and have placed up enough information for you to look at doing it yourself.

3. vw_singh Events Team Paid Member

Not bad price TBH. Hand over your axle, work done, refit. In that you get an ARB and anti toe bars all done.

Gurds

4. Lennard

Lennard Forum Member

I reckon this'll be a bit of a Christmas present to myself :)

5. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

goof on here does/used to do them. I've just picked up one of his from another member. Might be worth a PM, but cost will be the same.

6. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

Does it fit with a stock mk2 fuel tank? (I know Sparrow doesn't have one)

7. sparrow Paid Member Paid Member

No

8. Lennard

Lennard Forum Member

Phew, well that makes me feel better about the ball-ache of removing the tank and spare wheel well.

9. goblinracing10 Forum Member

don't touch him with a barge pole. I have been waiting since march for 2 kits and he got paid and i got one kit and it doesn't fit and his correspondence is crap.

I am struggling to get money back as what he has produced desn't work for me.

10. aminder

aminder CGTI Committee - Webmaster Staff Member Admin

Oh no way unlucky - did you pay via paypal? You have some security if time hasn't lapsed

11. gingernuts Forum Member

as said. do not go near him. Welding is horrific. and when i told him this he thought i was trying to scam him out of money. Im a weld/metal inspector by trade!

12. jemautomotivedevelopments New Member

Our kits are fitted to their cars.....

Seems strange 'gingernuts' says the kits is poor quality but how strange, looking in his build thread the kit is fitted to his race corrado........his actual complaint was that the axle beam (that he supplied to us to convert) was in poor condition, badly pitted and the shocker pick ups were thinned, On our receipt of the axle I explained to him that it was badly corroded and suggested he find a better axle. He had originally told me that the beam was owed to him by 'a mate' but it later evolved that he had bought it from a breaker in glasgow - a lie!
    We continued and built the axle as per his request, but as said when it got to him he complained over the above (when he revealed he had bought the axle from the breaker), I think he was adamant that he would somehow get some money back and as his axle couldnt be returned he decided to attack us for some recompence. I shoudl have stood my ground, but he had trasacted via ebay and we had only just started out, negative feedback wouldnt have been helpful. (Do all see our positive feedback of customers who are happy with their kits).
    Something else that must be mentioned, the kit pictured above with the red attachments - thats fitted to his dads Mk1 Golf race car..........???? draw your own conclusions.....

Oh something worth a mention, look him up, he's a rope/safety harness inspector....not a weld inspector.....another lie!

I wouldnt deal with him.....

13. jemautomotivedevelopments New Member

goblinracing10 did get a full refund, and just to clarify goblinracing10 asked for a non standard kit in that the kits we were producing in the 1st instance were totally 'weld-on', goblinracing10 requested a 'bolt-on' alternative so that the didnt have to remove the axles from their race cars, The 'Bolt-on' kit we have since fully developed and have sold numerous.

14. jemautomotivedevelopments New Member