eco v sport

Discussion in 'Mk7' started by miniman, Jun 21, 2016.

1. miniman New Member

For those who use the eco setting, have you found any difference from using standard settings?

Why a GTI should have a eco button is a mystery.

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

The 'Eco' button reduces engine response and encourages driving that uses less fuel.
    It looks good on manufacturers, when they are seen to care about the environment, even on a sporting model.

3. jamesa Forum Junkie

I recently used the `eco` mode when trying out a few Performance VAG`s ... not one for the `cut and thrust` of city driving, doubt if I`d ever use it.

4. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

It takes the edge off acceleration. Leave it in Eco for a week, then try normal mode, you'll definitely notice the difference then. Its worth using when on cruise on a long motorway drag though.

5. miniman New Member

What do you use as a standard normal or sport?

6. steveb Paid Member Paid Member

I bought my MK 7 new last March. I have tried the Eco setting on a couple of occasions. It made the car feel like you were driving it through thick treacle, and on the couple of occasions I tried it it didn't seem to change the mpg, not trying to sound clever but I don't worry about that. To be honest won't be using the Eco setting again. ;)

7. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

we use our leon in sport 90% of the time as said Eco is a bit dour normal is ok
    sport can drone a bit on the motorway with the fake engine noise

8. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

I have dcc, so comfort or an individual setting with comfort suspension, sport engine, eco sound droner (quietest fake engine noise). I like to change to Normal or Sport for a week every now and then too, so that I notice how much more comfortable comfort mode is. I use Sport on the right road too.

9. MUSHY 16V

MUSHY 16V Moderator Staff Member Moderator

do you have the custom setting ?
    with the leon you can pick a custom setup that is a mix of all three modes if you like and you can also switch of the traction control

10. maxmo

maxmo Forum Member

Yeah, its called individual - I have it how i described in post above. The traction control has its own button, on - off - and asr sport (extra off).