electrical catastrophe

Discussion in 'Jetta/Vento/Bora' started by nmags, Dec 30, 2011.

1. nmags New Member

so guys, I was working on my vento 1995 and found out that it didn't have the seat belt warning relay, so I bought a relay and plugged it in the number 9 relay socket. when I turn on the ignition (acc) without turning on the car I heard a clicking sound, similar to the turn signal clicking sound but faster, and the power immediately dorped so the electrical system is somehow intermittent. if I turn on the lights, the clicking sound won't come, but the lights wont turn, only the side lights and they look realy dim.

If y turn everything off in the car, the clicking sound would come out as if someone hit a piece of metal with another one, like click click click.

I tried disconnecting the battery but it didn't solve the problem.

please hel guys!!!

PS: if I press down the mass contact on the battery hard, the alarm would trigger, but the lights would look brighter [:s]

2. nmags New Member

so I've checked the battery cables and found that a bad ground connection was happening, due to a short on the ground terminal in the battery.

I'll replace it and let you know.

3. nmags New Member

solved guys, it was the battery that didn't provide a good ground.

everything went on after replacing it.

still don't know what caused the battery to leak but nothing is damaged.