electrical interference on my Bulletcam..

Discussion in 'Track Prep & Tech' started by Nige, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

I`ve installed a bulletcam in my MK2 golf thats a track car.

The Cam itself is powered from the cigarette lighter. I`m getting a lot of noise on the picture that does change as engine revs alter.

I know for radios you can fit in-line supressors, but mine is off the cig lighter, is there any way I should wire it up to be able to fit a supressor? If I need to fit one, which would you recommend ?

From this clip, you can see the `noise` being picked up.

[​IMG]

Cheers,

Nige.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  2. Steve B Forum Junkie

i would just wire it direct to the battery, you can get cig lighter sockets to wire in and just run the pos (middle of the cig socket) to the pos on the battery and the neg to ground make sure you fuse it will probably eliminate most of your noise issues

3. marksmith Forum Member

I would have thought that the noise could be due to the smoothness (or unsmoothness!) of the power supply. Personally I'd probably try sticking an electrolytic cap (say 10mF) in parallel with the supply, as close as you can to the camera itself, and see if that smooths it out.

I would imagine the supply to be a bit rough due to the peaky demand of the electrics, peaky supply from the alternator and so on. Anyway that'll cost you 10p to try, so that's where I'd start...

-Mark

4. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

Thats exactly what I needed to do to solve it.

Thanks.