elephant.co.uk

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by Brents, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Mk2GolfBoy Forum Member

can't you just do what most young drivers do [:s] I'm 18 with a 1.3 MK2, I'm gonna build up my no claims and get to a better age, then get a GTI or drop some bigger engine into the 1.3 Why make it hard for yourself [:s]

oh and silly money for a car which is worth so less for 2 grand.
    Edited by: Mk2GolfBoy

2. Kingsley Forum Member

im with elephant and i found them to be the cheapest by far for me and the chick on a mk2 gti with mods and cat1 came to 407 per yr..

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

Just check their policy on modifications! I think they have the same underwriters as Directline, and their policy is: 'No modifications of any kind whatsoever unless you are 27!!' Which includes stupid things like changing the repeater badges etc, when I found that out I promptly put my policy in the bin and went with Liverpool Victoria, which was cheaper and I can do anything I like as long as I don't modify the engine!

4. buzzby Forum Member

Soo why bother asking the forum for help.

Without flamming. Is that the first quote you have got cos NEVER go with the first one.

2k IS FAR TOO MUCH MONEY to spemnd on insurance.

How old are you?

Get a golf mag and the yellow pages and ring EVERY insurnace compnay in there and get them to compete against each other.

I did this and got a 3.5k quote down to 1k just for 3 hours work

Use the phone

5. buzzby Forum Member

CSI are rubbish for performance cars they will not insure you. But they are amazing for normal cars

6. Blue MK2 Forum Member

Give me 150 and ill insure you ;)

no really...i was paying under 2k fully comp for my gti as my first car at 17 by elephant.

elephant were the cheapest at the time. other companies were asking for 5-6k...LOL YEAH RITE LIKE IM GONNA PAY THAT!!

young lads like me cant get insured unless its more than 1500 for fully comp anyway. im 19

7. MR D Forum Member

My god !! how much !! Being 34 with 7 yrs ncd does have it`s + points after all.was quoted 385 fully comp with norwich union.on scirocco 1.8 GTX with full r cage cam k+n full exhaust and told them about planned mods too thought that was steep !!

8. theboymike Forum Junkie

Shop around. The insurance on my valver is up for renewal next month; I've had quotes ranging from 1300 to 375 TPFT; some places actually refused to give me a quote [8-}]

9. mr.rabbity Forum Member

Add your mum or dad as second driver. Seems to reduce premiums by quite a lot with elephant.co.uk!

Don't know why????, but try it...

10. TheSecondComing Forum Addict

I do that too - adding the old girl onto the policy knocks about 200 off mine......