Embarrassment!

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by stella, Aug 29, 2012.

1. stella

stella Forum Junkie

Last night I went to a photoshoot at a local studio. I had a few problems getting my camera to talk wirelessly to a borrowed, off-camera, flashgun though it's always worked well with my own. For some reason it kept going into bracketing mode and despite searching the menus, couldn't find a way to turn it off.

One of the 'experts' at the studio (a writer for some of the big photo mags) then showed me the function button on the front of my camera that was programmed to set up bracketing, toggling it on and off. Simple solution, but I felt so embarrassed. I've had the D300 for three years and never noticed the button before. I usually reach round with my fingers to hit the depth-of-field preview and obviously had hit the function button instead.

So much for being a semi-pro - I didn't even know what the front of my camera looked like as I never normally look at there. (Imagine how you'd feel if someone had to show you how to turn the heating on or off in your Golf!). I daren't tell my son, as it's probably too late now to book a 'proper' photographer for his wedding!

This is one of the models from last night - when I finally got my flash sorted out! Very pretty girl with even longer legs than me.

[​IMG]

2. jamesa Forum Junkie

You`ll get over it I`m sure ...

Beautiful eyes, any leg shots ... please !

3. mitlom

mitlom Forum Member

Of Stella or the model? lol

...not that I have either ;)

4. richwig83 Forum Member

Legs you say? [:D]

5. velly_16v_cab

velly_16v_cab Forum Junkie

nice photo...

6. antinkariba

antinkariba Forum Member

Lovely photo!