Engine mount problem. Help!

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by nickid, May 30, 2012.

1. Stewy

Stewy Paid Member Paid Member

I done some digging with a few suppliers and they are no longer available so i think its going to be a main dealer job or find a good set at a breakers yard... also tried VW heritage and they say OBSOLETE
    1E0199731A
    1E0199732B

2. nickid Forum Member

shock. lol
    wonder if i can change the rubber out or a different mount??

3. nickid Forum Member

I've looked at mounts for Vw all the way back and no one has been these mounts. If they did them and I can still get mounts for most Vw back to the first camper I must be able to get these

4. A.N. Other Banned after significant club disruption Dec 5th 2

5. nickid Forum Member

Have checked all their Vw mounts on the site so I sent them an email for help

6. Stewy

Stewy Paid Member Paid Member

If all fails after Bank Holiday and you still need them i will ring my local vw breakers (volksmaina) and see if they got any CABS breaking
    and see if they got any and ill let you know asap if it helps and if they have i could get them and post em for you as looking at your location its a bit far for you to collect.....:p

7. nickid Forum Member

Thats great mate thanks. Waiting on Vw heritage getting back to me with an answer. If that fails will give you a shout

8. Jagermeister

Jagermeister Forum Member

Too late now as your soft top has been torched Nick - hope they get the scumball,
    but in case any one is still looking here is an insert to the elusive engine mount.

9. nickid Forum Member

Oh now you come up with that. Lol

10. Edgeyboy Forum Member

Where are you located?
    I have a 96 gti 2.0l 8v which i am breakin as it was smashed up if you wanna come have a look if any of them are any good??

11. nickid Forum Member

My car in gone. It was set on fire and waiting on insurance paying out before I buy another one buy according to them all the docs I sent haven't arrived yet. Always the same, everything else arrives except that

12. KingMill New Member

Hi, was just wondering if anyone could help, i got a mk3 16v GTi, (1996) When i put it in reverse and slowly raise the clutch, it feels like the engine is loose, and then it makes a loud 'clonk' and the whole car jerks, i took it to VW here in Paderborn (Germany) and he said the engine mounts were fine :-S any ideas if it could be anything else or was this guy just chatting ****?
    Many thanx :-)