Engine Problem

Discussion in 'FSI (inc. GTI 2.0T)' started by Hopkins04, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Hopkins04 New Member

Hey guys, um quick question really, was just driving along in my golf when something went in the engine. I think it may have something to with the fuel or accelerator system, not too sure. When i start the car it ticks over normally at 700rpm but now it slowly rises to around 1100 and stays there. if i rev the engine it feels it is lacking power it does rev but then the whole car stalls. Any reasons why this could be. Cheers for your help

2. Mike_H Forum Addict

What sort of golf is it? GTI? Carb? Mk1....Mk5?

Sounds like an air leak in one of the intake hoses maybe, but it's impossible to tell without some decent info.
    Edited by: mikehorsb

3. Hopkins04 New Member

Sorry, its a Golf Mk3 5dr k reg. I went to try this morning and i would rev it to 2000rpm and hold it there but then it would just fall to around 200 without releasing the pedal then back up to 2000. it would do this a few times then die.

Edited by: Hopkins04

4. Vento Jim Forum Member

Ignition coil, maybe...? Can u drive it? does it bog down under load and stall? Assuming it's petrol.