Engine spec Q

Discussion in '8-valve' started by ELVIS, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ELVIS Forum Member

On the verge of investing money in a rebuild , just want some expert input!

This is my second Gti conversion into a T3/T25 van. Last one was a 2e/PB with a 268 cam.

This time i have fitted a AGG and am looking at going for a ported head,268 cam and converting injection to MS.

Is this a wise investment for a van shaped like a brick and weighing god knows how much? Will an engine of this spec make more torque but still higher up rev range so kind of useless for my needs and i end up spending money for nowt? Any other help/advice/abuse re engine spec and vehicle its going in?

Dont mind investing as long as its worth while, bearing in mind i am not going to be revving the nads off it - last one never(very rarely) saw the angry side of 4k! As previous, have found very few threads/specs on similialr engines so dont know how it would behave in comparrison to a standard AGG for the outlay. Dont want to spend 1k+ just to see single figure increase in torque at 'sensible' revs.

Any engine builders/experts/gurus about that can help?