eurospec lightweight flywheels

Discussion in 'TSR Performance' started by alexisblades99, Apr 5, 2010.

1. alexisblades99 Forum Member

just wondering what sort of feedback you've had with these items.. you supplied me with one last year, but after reading this it seems that it may be prudent to replace it with something else. have you had many reports of problems with these in relation to numbers sold?

2. coupechamp Forum Member

i would be interested in hearing about this, as the 3rd one from TSR is (was) the one with the new crack starting. Eurospec have since replaced it plus sent a damper as well. :thumbup:

3. tonyd.j New Member

i personally never had a problem with my one from them dude had it a year and a half

4. TSR Performance Club GTI Sponsor and Supporter Trader

Hi guys we have sold and fitted around 25 of these and we have had no complaints or problems with ones fitted in our conversions.

5. coupechamp Forum Member

:thumbup: good to hear, i can only speak for me, but three gone!! the 1st one lost teeth and when we had it checked you could see the casting was to weak inside the teeth, the other two where exactly the same as pics on the 'tinternet' with the crack going through the bolt holes. Eurospec seemed to understand this prob, and have since tried to get me back up and running. :thumbup:

6. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

Are you fitting any 'spacer plates' between the flywheel and the bolts? If so, how thick are they?

7. coupechamp Forum Member

i do, theres one both sides of the flywheel, bolt side is the normal VW part and sandwiched between crank and flywheel is a 1mm diamond encrusted jobbie from Germany, hope it works!!:lol:

8. danster Forum Addict

Coupechamp is BLING!
    Hopefully those diamonds will stop any movement between the crank and flywheel.:thumbup:

9. Dave

When you say the normal VW part, how thick is it? Is it wafer thin like the ones used on the 020 type clutch pressure plate to crank?

10. Dave

BUMP