exhaust flanges

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by alexisblades99, Feb 22, 2010.

1. alexisblades99 Forum Member

does anyone know of any decent suppliers for laser cut manifold flanges and other custom exhaust parts?

cheers, olly

2. Toyotec

Toyotec CGTI Committee - Happy helper at large Admin

What you looking for.

3. alexisblades99 Forum Member

hi toyotec, i'm looking for the exhaust manifold flange for a mk2 8v, preferably the four individual pieces (although i can cut a one-piece down). i also need a couple of flexible 3-bolt flanges somewhere to allow for a bit of movement, and various mandrel bends.

i started out trying to find somewhere to weld in a lambda boss and as usual i'm getting carried away. it doesn't need to be stainless, as i doubt it'll be something i want to last forever, more of a point on the learning curve. going to be fairly complicated as i need to negotiate the limited transmission tunnel space of a RHD syncro.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  4. Mike_H Forum Addict

Buy an old rusty manifold and chop the flanges off.

5. alexisblades99 Forum Member

oem manifold flanges will be cast won't they? although that is a good idea for making up the downpipe, most of the pipework would be in the right place, i'd just have to add a few curves to get round the prop. thanks mike, i'll give that some thought.

6. Toyotec

You can use the tubular manifold from a MK4 2.0 8v. There will bw a small amount of grinding to head flange for it to clear the intake flange. I got this on my 2.0 8v project.

7. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

8. alexisblades99 Forum Member

interesting, cheers. i've had a poke around on the jbs site but they're a bit pricey. i found a good selection on the jetex website, and not too expensive.

i've been offered a LHD golf for cheap so i've decided convert to LHD after all, which will give me a good deal more space as the steering UJ will be out of the way. i already have a NOS rallye downpipe, and a rallye manifold is on its way so it looks like all i'll have to do is make up a collector for the twin downpipes. i'm going to look into this mk4 manifold idea though, as the rallye manifold is slightly cracked and probably won't last forever.

did you mean this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  9. Dave

Dave *Very Smart* Pedantic Old Fart Paid Member

The Jetex stuff looks interesting.
    Not seen these bits for 30 years! Saab used to supply them as part of the Competition Exhaust for the 96V4.
    The exhaust came without fixed mounts, and you had to weld the loose mounts on where you wanted. (Flat Floor) The straps were to be bolted to the floor, and to a bracket you welded to the pipe just after joints. The straps were kept loose so that when you ripped off the pipe it tagged along with you under the car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Toyotec

Yeap. I got that on my 8v. As said the header flange will need some doctoring.