Exhaust Question/Help

Discussion in 'Corrado' started by vwbobby, Nov 21, 2013.

1. vwbobby Forum Member

Hi all,

I need to get some advise and help for my 1991 1.8 16v KR Corrado.

Basically my centre box scrapes alot on the road and humps as my car is too low.

1. Can I get a smaller box made for this and if so where in West London near Heathrow can I go?

2. Can I delete the box and put a straight pipe in and agin where can I go for this?

Which of the 2 options is a better one and the exhaust is a permance exhaust fitted at the moment?

Cheers

Bobby

2. watercooled Forum Member

You could go to a centre resonator off say a Porsche 944, they are long and are a small outside diameter,this is one example,perhaps a search of the car scrap yards will come up with a good used one or one off another car that gives you more ground clearance
    Removing the existing set-up and going to a straight pipe will work and be fairly simple to do but you will hate the noise.
    Have seen hotdog style centre mufflers fitted but these dont make very good resonators IMO,overtime the fiberglass packing blows out also,they are cheap however.
    Personally I would be a bit concerned about the clearance of your sump if you are really low.
    Raising the car to stop your scrapping will cure other problems also such as restoring wheel travel (safer handing),reduce wear on CV joints etc,good luck.