f******* insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance chat' started by Homer-Simpson, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Homer-Simpson Forum Member

I received my renewal letter through from Tesco, apparently they want just under 900 to renew (which is more than last year!!!) I had an accident this year in May (Third part hit me) and there insurance have already said there client was at fault and they will cover all costs. I did a quick check on the Tesco site and there quote came up to just under 600 (this would be with my 5th year no claims bonus and includes 1 accident in 2004 as fully recovered and this one pending).........

Rang them up and tried to find out why it was different, they had no idea. I did the quote a number of times before I rang them just to make sure I wasn't going mad. They then told me to re-do it after the phone call and accept the policy/pay for it and then ring them up so they can check it over. After putting the phone down and connecting to the internet the quote then came up as exactly the same as the renewal price.......... [:x]

Somehow I don't think that was a freak coincidence. So I thought I would ring up HIC as they were good to me the year before (however they couldn't touch Tesco's quote last year). I got told my quote would be 816 but if I got my mileage down to under 10,000 they could do it for 550. Everything was going through fine until she said that my no claims wouldn't be protected. I asked them for a price with protected no claims, after missing one call they rang back a few hours later to tell me they cannot give me protected no claims and I would only get 4 years no claims on my policy as Tesco haven't provided me a letter saying that the claim has been recovered fully and due to having an accident without proving its been fully recovered they cant give me the 4 years protected either [:x]

Why couldn't they tell me that when I first queryed it, last time I spoke to HIC they were very helpful and they knew exactly what they were talking about. It really wasn't the service I have come to expect from them. [:^(]

Anyway rant over, hopefully I will find a decent quote (I have got one for just under 600 from Direct Line)

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006