Fault Code 00537 - Mk3 GTI 8V ADY Engine

Discussion in 'Vagcom / VCDS' started by petergn, Apr 15, 2011.

1. petergn New Member

I have a problem; poor idle, flat spot on small throttle openings below 3500 RPM and very high fuel consumption (i.e. 24 MPG).

Scanned for faults and got:
    00537-019 "Lambda Oxygen Sensor Regulation - Static Lower Stop Value"

Cleaned throttle body, cleaned MAF sensor and intake air temp sensor (the one in the top of the airbox). Also checked Lambda sensor wiring (as far as it's possible to from above).

It now seems a bit better (especially fuel consumption) but I'm now getting a slightly different fault:
    00537-018 "Lambda Oxygen Sensor Regulation - Static Upper Stop Value"

It's an ADY (SIMOS) engine, unmodified.

Could it be Lambda sensor?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

2. fried egg

fried egg Forum Member

Hi mate, try unplugging the air mass meter and take the car for a spin, if the running improves you will need a replacement. I had a problem just like this, if you do a search on here you will find it. I spent a small fortune on replacing lambda, coil, dizzy cap rotor arm, leads etc and it had me baffled as the only fault code i got off vagcom was for lambda.

Steve

3. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

if the above doesnt help repeat the test but unplug the lambda, if better then you prob need a new one

4. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Check your vaccuums from servo to the one way valve and until the head. I bet that's the problem. Let us know

5. nickid Forum Member

I have near same problem. Rough idel and car cutting out like no fuel with the odd back fire. I just put a new exhaust on so was wondering if I had done something wrong