:( Feel like such an idiot...

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by dozzy1989, Jun 15, 2007.

1. dozzy1989 Forum Member

Had a crash today, driving through a village, managed to lose the back end on a sharpish bend [:s] couldnt counter it, woman coming the other way [8(]

being a young lad ive done some silly things in my car and driven way too fast and managed to stay in one peice and not crash and recently started to calm down and drive much more sensibly and managed to do this [:x]

feel like a complete ****, im gutted... im only 17 and loads of my mates have crashed their cars and ive always been the one saying "i havent crashed yet" [:s] maybe i jinxed (sp) it... absolutely gutted, bye bye reasonable insurance quotes [|)]

well wish i could start the day again and stay in bed... only reason i was out was cos my mates dog bit me and id just been to the docters for a tetanus booster. [:^(]

my parents seem to be taking it quite well and only seem to care that the woman and i are ok but personally i would have rather done it in stectacular fashion; rolled it into a feild or something. dont know about anyone else but thats just how im feeling right now.

was so looking forward to getting a years noclaims and being able to go upto something abit quicker but it seems that may have just gone out the window [xx(]

all the visible damage on her car was a broken numberplate and bumper pushed back slightly...

cant stop beating myself up about it, car was nearly how i wanted it aswell and ive thrown it all away.

heres a pic...

[​IMG]

[:^(] [:^(] [:x]

2. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

oh pants. going to attempt repairing it?

any idea why it happened?

feel sorry for you mate. no injuries?

3. dozzy1989 Forum Member

nah no injuries what so ever, when we finally made contact we were both prabably going about 10 mph. still... ive got no job and my insurance is guna go up loads and ive got a broken car [:^(]

4. MK2_GUY Forum Member

feel for you mate, since when has being 17 enabled you to get reasonable insurance quotes?! was there mud on the road?

5. David Number 2 Forum Member

insurance sucks.

6. Trev16v

Trev16v Paid Member Paid Member

Mate, do you really HAVE to go through insurance?

It sounds like the damage on the other person's car could be repaired out of pocket. Then just keep driving around in yours as it is until you can either get it repaired or find another MK3 shell to replace it.

7. Pete Taylor Forum Member

That's unlucky dude. Accidents do happen though mate. I'd seriously consider not going through insurance though to repair her car. I'm at work so I can't see the pic of how badly damaged yours is but hopefully it's repairable. Shop around you can pick up a mk3 front panel with rad for 50 squid, bumper and grill for 30, bonnet for 30 and wings for a tenner each. The front wings are bolt on so it's a job you can do yourself :) Time to call on your handy mates!

8. Vento Mike Forum Junkie

Unlucky mate...it happens...it's a learning experience if nothing else. I've done it myself a few yrs back...going too fast round a bend in a vento and hit a woman coming the other way in a new beetle...police involved...the lot. A horrid situation that could have been a lot worse.

Good luck with it all....I would definatly recomend if possible paying her out of your pocket rather than going through the insurance.

9. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

Shame, as said I'd pay for the repair to her car yourself (or buy her a new car if it was something ****).

I'd give your panel a good kicking from the inside and see what it looks like.

10. dozzy1989 Forum Member

lol... well ive calmed down abit now, these things happen. its still really annoying but theres nothing i can do now. i will ring the woman and ask her to get a quote on fixing her car but from the outside it LOOKED almost unscathed so hopefully it cant be that bad...

thing is its a 55reg c2 vts so i dont think its guna be cheap to repair [:s]
    think its was all just a combination of driving too fast for the conditions (wet) and having a back right spare wheel that kept losing pressure and at the time was probly about 10 psi [:s]

ill find out some stuff and post again later. to be honest im not bothered about my car... yea its not good but its not worth much anyway and i can save and get a new car but i dont wana be restricted as to what i can drive by my insurance.

11. Seraph Banned

not as much as people who dont insure[:x]

12. dozzy1989 Forum Member

well i just rang the woman and shes already gone through insurance :( oh well... think im guna get a new car, probably a 1.4 polo and drive more cautiously... really dont want this happening again

13. Matt82

Matt82 Forum Addict

seriously mate, it happens to all of us. do a poll, 90% of us will have binned a car due to driving beyond our ability, as blokes i think its natural to take chances etc its a shame when it goes wrong and possibly involves others but thankfully she was ok.

she will have gone through her insurance who will chase your insurer. you will be fully covered for that, so its ok.

if youre getting rid of the car, lemme know what youre doing with the seats as ive been after some with frames for a while

14. bens_cab Forum Junkie

unlucky mate i rolled a mg metro into a ditch when i was 17 through driving to fast round a corner

thing happen for a reason just remember your not hurt