Few random pics from Cyprus

Discussion in 'Photography - general' started by Gaz37, May 13, 2011.

1. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Took these last summer in and around Paphos and never got around to posting them.

They haven't been photoshopped or anything fancy cos I'm too thick to do that kind of thing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this one is the world's ugliest little cat who adopted us for the week
    [​IMG]

2. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

I'm going back at the end of the month if you want to come with me. I have plenty of mk2's as well if you wanna play some :lol:

3. fthaimike Forum Addict

wow looks stunning and plenty of history by the looks

4. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

TBH it was one of the most disappointing places I've ever visited, it was beautiful and the people were very friendly but it was orientated towards brit tourists it was like Blackpool with better weather.

We genuinely struggled to find a shop or restraunt that didn't sell English food, virtually all the bars were English or Irish, the residents of the villas either side of us were english and the owner of the diving shop we went to was originally from Bristol.

I didn't spend four hours on plane to eat burger and chips, drink Stella and hear English accents everywhere I went.

5. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

haha you are right on this one to a certain percentage though. what part of the town where you living? I assure you that there are thousands of places to go for having fun or food that there would be not a single english. did you paid through a uk company for the accommodation? In my opinion best town to go is nicosia which is the capital and then if you want sea travel for it. Cyprus is too small, max travelling distance is 3 hours by car. ie if you want sea and you are in nicosia, 20mins travelling and you are next to it. If i knew i would advise you where to go or maybe next time. There's plenty of room in my house too. How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

6. mark25 Forum Junkie

Nice holiday photos!

You've nicely avoided getting them over-exposed and got some nice colours in there:thumbup: worth paying more attention to getting the horizons level next time...... but photoshop is your friend;)

7. Gaz37 The Grouch. Paid Member

Thanks Mark:thumbup:

I'm terrible for wonky horizons, such a basic mistake yet 50% of the pics I take are like it, you'd think I'd learn from my mistakes.[:$]

8. JettaTDi

JettaTDi Forum Member

We went to Paphos last summer really enjoyed, so much so we're going back there this year again.

9. mk216vrick Forum Member

hey brutal mk2, were do you live?go? my mum has a place in tala.

10. brutalmk2-16v Forum Member

Hello mate, i live in nicosia but in summer i move to protaras and paphos. I go everywhere ;) what do you need to know? that's nice, are you going over in summer time for holidays?