Finally found a 16v

Discussion in 'Mk3' started by wampa, Feb 19, 2009.

1. wampa

wampa New Member

After a lot of searching locally, finally found a decent MK3 16v

[​IMG]

Turns out the guy is a total VW fanatic, here is some of his other vintage stuff:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:)

2. Jommanjo Forum Member

Nice. I think they make great road cars, I was v.impressed with my bro's one he had for a while.

And you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you buy from a dub nut. Or is that just me..? :lol:

3. wampa

wampa New Member

He was super honest with the sale, pointed out a couple of flaws, nothing too serious and the fact he loved VWs did make me feel safe with the Golf.

This is my first 16v, I really like it so far, it cost nr the same as the Scirocco I just sold and for me its a better car all round.

4. Tspec

Tspec Forum Member

fastback! could be my most favorite vw of all time.
    i bought my mk4 of a similar type of guy. i spent more time inspecting his stripped out 911 engined beetles and campers than actually looking at the car i was about to buy.

16v looks good. white too :thumbup:

5. GMG

GMG Forum Member

Nice one mate, any plans for it?

6. suttonval Forum Member

excellent stuff mate, always wanted a valver in white, look awesome when kept clean and waxed.

7. wampa

wampa New Member

Well the drop links need attention and the exhaust needs looking at, think it has come apart somewhere slightly but thats just a bit of maintainence. Could do with a tune maybe as it is a little juddery under hard acceleration, particularly when cold.

Apart from that i have only 200 to spend on it at this time, what do you good folks reckon would be the best way to spend it? Its a pretty tight budget i know!