Finally!!! My car is running right!!

Discussion in 'Mk2' started by 1990, Apr 12, 2010.

1. 1990

1990 Paid Member Paid Member

I'm sooooooo chuffed!!

I made 122bhp on a rolling road day in february and since then i've replaced a knock sensor, hall sender, removed the engine wiring loom and tidied it up and i've just gone out in it for the first time since and all I can say is BEAST!!!!

It runs spot on, fast as ****, i'm so pleased[:D][:D][:D]

2. DC75

DC75 Forum Member

well done mate, nothing beats a smug smile, are you hoping for any more power?

3. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

nice one:thumbup:

4. Collie Forum Junkie

great news.

5. keith_lemon

keith_lemon Forum Member

when are you off down the rollers again - i could do with a run too, glad its working well now for you

6. Collie Forum Junkie

sounds like a good excuse for a club gti rr day @ wherever

7. Scutler Forum Member

nice one mate

8. 1990

I'm not hoping for any more. 174bhp would do me just fine for the minute. It sounds awesome, as soon as I start it the windows go down so I can hang an ear out.

I can finally put the underlay and carpets back in now and have it nice and quiet inside.

9. GrannyRacer Paid Member Paid Member

Chuffed for you, nothing better than brrrmmmmmmmmmmm for sticking that smile on your face. Tomorrow mine is coming out and every day for the next week, dry weather forecast. Taking a posing female work colleague out who "has to buy a 1 year old car every year and put stupid plates on it so everyone thinks it's new". She is soooo looking forward to a ride in mine. Dare not let her drive it as she is used to power steering but am trying to suss out a route with no cameras for when she has to hang onto her seat!!! I just love driving that car. Doesn't take a lot to make me happy.

haha you say your window go down. Lecky ones? Mine are keep fit put muscles on your arms ones.

10. 1990

No, no lekky windows for me. They are just another thing that could go wrong:lol:

11. G-Man Forum Junkie

Nice one :) Mine's all done too (bar a few wiring tidying up like yourself) but just waiting for a water temp sensor then off to the MOT.

I can't wait for the noise either, come down to the stealth rolling road day ;)

12. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I bet its a right beast on the road :thumbup:

I love the sound of a VR6 engine, even better when its in a MK2 [:D]

13. The db

The db Forum Junkie

Niiiice.

14. STU

Stu Forum Junkie

Great news :thumbup:

15. 1990

Cheers!! I just booked it in for its MOT on friday morning at 11am. That could put a downer on it:lol:

16. Richard Mk2

Richard Mk2 Paid Member Paid Member

I hate putting my cars in for MOT's. I have to walk away when they red line it for the emissions :o :thumbup:

Hope it goes well!!

17. G-Man Forum Junkie

I would be booking mine this saturday if I wasn't picking up my new car, but likewise despite clearing the failure list I know something else will get me when MOT time is there and it'll be something silly too [:x]

Good luck and lets see it on the tarmac where it belongs! [:D]

18. 1990

I've now got headlights and sidelight, got the horn going (Well my 7 year old fixed it for me) and I rewired in the windscreen washer.

As far as I can tell I now just need a brake light on one side and it 'should' pass.

19. G-Man Forum Junkie

Snap :lol: Previous owner took the whole system out but luckily sourced one down the scrappy with bottle and all, but took a while to find the wires and get it working :)

20. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

happy days...