Fitting a weber carb???

Discussion in 'Carburettor' started by haha216, Apr 29, 2004.

1. haha216 In Delete Queue

I have a mk2 golf driver, 1800cc, and want to fit a DCOE 45 WEBER carb. does anyone know where i can get the mounting plate that the weber sits on?
    Thanks 4 any help.

2. AEC303 Forum Member

Um, You will need to buy a whole new inlet manifold as the carb is a SIDE-Draught carb, meaning that the airflow passes straught from the back of the carb to the front, either side of the fule reservoir, so it needs to be installed horizontally, with the trumpets facing away from the engine. I'm not sure about installing single units, and I think you'd have to get a much larger carburetor, i.e. a 50mm carb, to allow for a higher air/fuel flow. I know DOWN-Draught carbs exist, but don't know what their code is, although I've seen one on e-bay a long time ago...... Weber sell single carb manifolds off the shelf, for downdrught carbs, but I think they'll cost you a few pennies. Easiest thing may be to get a plate fabricated at a workshop to bolt onto your manifold, but I doubt the small inlet of the manifold will work with a big hefty weber! HTH...... [:$]