Fitting an 09 ibiza tdi gearbox into a lupo tdi. fluid help..

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by ThE_gOg, Mar 22, 2014.

1. ThE_gOg Forum Member

hi:)

i'm fitting a 09 seat ibiza 1.4 tdi ecomotive jdd code gearbox (same box as polo bluemotion), to my 99 lupo 1.4 tdi. the conversion has been done on the a2 a few times that runs the same amf engine, couldn't find anyone who'd done the conversion on a lupo so i thought i'd give it a go as my original box was knackered.

got the ibiza box on and everything looks good, had to faff round with some mounts, and take some extra material of the jdd box but all mates up well etc, just need to stick the battery tray and all the clips etc back on and should be ready for a road test.

Before i do i want to change the gearbox oil but i'm having trouble finding the correct stuff, wherever i ring says i need to look in the handbook, but since i bought the box on its own i do not have it. i think this is down to the ecomotive/bluemotion requiring specific oil etc.

anyone know of where i can find out? i have the cars reg if that helps.

mmany thankss

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

ok for JDD box I'm seeing part number G 070726A2 for the oil, 6.78 per l from VW and you'll need 2 bottles

ThE_gOg likes this.
  3. ThE_gOg Forum Member

Many thanks John you are a legend, a credit to the forum as always.

4. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

welcome :)

5. Teofil New Member

Hello the_gog I am in the process of doing the same swap on a lupo 1.2 tdi that now has a 1.4 tdi amf engine and a jdd gearbox. The engine is from a 2001 polo amf. What driveshafts did u use on yours?
    Thanks for your help!