- Fitting Bucket seats

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Technical Queries' started by Diddy, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Diddy New Member

hey, i've recently purchased a Golf Gti 8v and intend to use the monster as a track/B road Warrior.

I've already got a Cobra suzuka Fixed back/side mounted bucket seat which i'd like to fit.

Just wondering if anybody has fitted a side mounted seat to their golf's, If so what's involved? And do you have any piks??

cheers in advance

-Diddy :p
    Edited by: Diddy

2. Tubthumped Forum Junkie

3. ive got a mk1 and would like 2 see how people have fitted their buckets! ne1 help pls !!

4. sjw75 New Member

Ive just bought a pair of Cobra Monaco seats from Demon Tweeks, they also sell custom fit subframes which bolt onto the original fixing points, should be fairly straight forward, Im fitting them this weekend comming, I will take some pictures and post them on my website with details. The Cobra seats are bottom mounted though, but are fully FIA approved.

Cheers

Simon.

5. Rahul Forum Junkie

i had buckets in my mk1 cabby for a while.Corbeau subframes bolted straight to the mk1 mounts!

6. martymcfly Forum Member

I have a cobra bucket seat in my rocco bought the subframe from carnouisser (is that spelt right?) fitted straight in.

7. steve r

steve r Forum Member

this is how i fitted a bucket seat to a mk1 golf subframe to fit in my car.

strip the seat to the seat pan:

[​IMG]

cut the legs to lower it:

[​IMG]

some serious rework on the front end:

[​IMG]

a lot of this:

[​IMG]

end up with this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

slides fully back and forward and can be removed for track days if i'm not taking a passenger:

[​IMG]

8. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

9. steve r

steve r Forum Member

what did you fit the seat belt catch to?

i'm planning to keep the original seat belt as well, was going to try to mount the catch at the same point as the inner harness eyelet will clip to once i've welded the nut plate into the car.

10. GVK

GVK Paid Member Paid Member

I drilled through the side mount and took the seat belt catch off the old seat and used that.

Trouble is, the seat is so low that the standard seat belt is uncomfortable to use, even on the lowest setting.

It's more of an MOT trick than anything else, as the harness has spring clips (not a permanent fixture)

11. steve r

steve r Forum Member

some pics of my drivers seat mount, i fitted the seat belt to the harness mount points (see '4 Point harness advice please....' in misc tech q's for pics)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Edited by: steve r