fitting comps.

Discussion in 'ICE' started by jprocter, Jan 7, 2004.

1. jprocter Forum Member

Right an fitting Phoenix gold qx130 comps. (13cm)to my mk2 from doors (and dash).

Have been told that it will vibrate like mad. How do i sort this out? Do i need to strengthen the door cards or what to stop excesive vibration?

cheers

2. damogti Forum Junkie

I put foam round the outside of the speaker so that it wasnt in contact with the speaker grill or any part of teh door pocket. Worked a treat as i had virtually no vibration at all. That was with some Infinity Comps btw.......

3. jprocter Forum Member

Cheers mate so i wont need to bother to get aloada soundroofing stuff? (know it will be better with but dont want perfection, just not huge vibration)

Cheers

4. TIM

Tim Forum Addict

just try it, se what i sounds like then try different things to combat it,

ive got audio scape pods, and i will soon be sound proofing my doors,

tim

5. damogti Forum Junkie

I would do as Tim has suggested, try them out and see what you think.

Also, the door foils that seal up the doors behind the door cards are now only 9.69 each and are apparently now made of foam with a plastic back to keep it waterproof. These may act as a sort of sound deadening as well as a waterproof seal. I have ordered some so will let you know what they are like when they arrive.

6. Madbloke Forum Member

Could always make a template surround out of 12mm MDF
    As for the door backing --- it may resonate depending how hard you run em [:^(]

7. jprocter Forum Member

Right ok mate cheers for the help. Are these speakers quite powerfull and quality sounding?

p.s damo that would be great
    Edited by: jprocter

8. Madbloke Forum Member

Hiya --- I reckon they are really good for the money --- they were in Halfords for 80 before Christmas but have since seen em for 60 online.
    I did an Install in a clio using these http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=25 94&taxonomy_id=25-131 run of this headunit
    http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=29 08&taxonomy_id=25-121 which has built in 50 w mosfet amp so no need no need for external amp - at this point.

I built pods for the mids and the resulting sound is crystal clear with nice bass response ... Far better than infinitys and kenwoods etc I'd listened to and at a
    nice price --- Am gonna put a set in my daily driver :lol: