FOOT....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Guests, Jun 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slick Forum Junkie

Darius..........

is that you??

:lol: :lol:

2. Andy_T4 Forum Member

There's a limit to the amount of rubbish that's acceptable. I would expect someone with half a brain to see that there's another topic open saying "Guess what I had for dinner tonight?" and if they really are that dull, post within it - not post another topic saying "Fish & Chips for tea, yummy". The same argument can be applied to all the 'Lets all sl*g of the countries we don't live in because there's a football tournament on' topics
    Edited by: Andy_T4

3. jprocter Forum Member

:lol: Dunno

What i mean is if the mods/admin find the chit chat bit a problem why not end it??????

The only bit i find useful is the tech bits although some of the chit chat is amusing as there are some good characters on the forum.

4. jprocter Forum Member

Why do you lot have to get so agressive all i was saying was if there is too much rubbish being posted sort it out i.e ban people or close that forum

I agree there is prob 2 much rubbish being posted but i dont find it a prob as i dont need to look at it. Although i can see the prob for the club as it costs and looks bad on the club.

5. slick Forum Junkie

nail and head come to mind with this comment.

Imho i think all the banter has got taken way to seriously by everyone, its a bit like marmite, love or hate.

I couldn't give a nats nadger who wins the football but sometimes i watch it for the actual game not the i support such-en-such country.

Maybe just one thread for a footie subject and all the rest get deleted. Same goes for all the abuse.

Dunno how concievable this all is but just seems one of many good ideas.

6. Andy_T4 Forum Member

Who said it was aggressive?:p

Banning people causes more bad feeling, and more grief on the forum with all of their mates jumping to their defence. The idea of removing the general forum has been met with horror when mentioned in the past. No win situation, unless certain people take it upon themselves to grow up & stop ruining the forum for the majority

7. damogti Forum Junkie

There is a minorty that take things too far on this forum and seem to think its funny to abuse/wind people up all the time. Thanks to some of these people yet another mod has had enough and decided to stop inputting there free time to the club/forum/scene.

Personally i think it sucks that people think this is ok and acceptable [:x] [:x] [:x]

Amy does a hell of a lot for this forum and you lot will definately notice a difference now she has felt the need to stand down.

As far as the General section is concerned. It wouldnt suprise me if it did disappear one day. The rest of the admin are not as tollerant as what Amy was and definately will not take the sh1te that she has.........

[:^(]

8. jprocter Forum Member

Yeah i get your point but there isn't alot of point moaning about it if you wont do anything to sort it.

9. Guests Banned

some of you need to stop p1ssing your pants over a forum

[​IMG]

10. damogti Forum Junkie

I think they will now............

11. jprocter Forum Member

Maybe it does need stricter modding.

Although i know what you mean it isnt well liked when mods are strict.

12. slick Forum Junkie

They ain't moaning as such but more trying to get a point across.

Some threads do tend to get a bit repetitive. Especially the football ones. Rivalry is a perfectly natural feeling but when it moves to personal attacks in a public forum especially it does have a undesired effect on the people and popularity of the forum directly.

I can understand that the mods do get wound up by the constant requests for help and deletions, and to take a entire section of the forum way does seem a bit extreme. It just seems to me that some people on here need to calm down if they intend to post on a public forum especially when concerning a passion like football.

If your going to post then every reply you get back has to be taken at face value. To read into it and try to find all the little niggles is just going to make the reply even worse.

As recardo has said stop getting so wound up over something that isn't as bad as you have read it to be.

13. damogti Forum Junkie

People cant have it both ways unfortunately........

14. jprocter Forum Member

Yeah i know maybe the chit chat bit should be for paided up members then.

15. slick Forum Junkie

I dunno, although i have now posted my cheque it was chatting to the people in there that really got me to send my hard earned pennies off.

There have been polls before about this and nothing has come of it.

Its just a vicious circle, if the mods were to crack down then the people would complain and if they don't people still complain.

A no win situation it seems.

16. Guests Banned

could be a win situation if people just didnt look in topics they have nothing to say about

not hard is it.

when i see a topic saying 'i love my mk3' i ignore it.....just like i would ignore 'come on england' if i hated football [:D]

17. Jeff Forum Junkie

have to agree there! I think some of the problems stem from people wanting to be on top of everything that ever happens here. I've been guilty of that in the past, but generally i try and avoid topics that I know I'll have no interest in - simply dont have time to read them all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.