Ford !!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Joehough, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Joehough

Joehough Paid Member Paid Member

Would I be a traitor buying a mint st170 to add to my fleet?

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

3. Jon Olds Forum Junkie

LOL
    Jon

4. Joehough

Common sense prevailed, it dawned on me that it was £1700 that should be spent on my golf

5. Simon Peter Dodgson Forum Member

I had a bloke today I an St staring at my 8v At the lights. And another bloke in a cupra too stood outside his car eating a butty van barm. I obviously made an effort to leave a lasting impression as I accelerated away from them. Retro is much cooler as people on the roads slow down to have a look as I'm cruising along on motorway and or beep and a thumbs up. Don't know if anybody else gets this. Twice on Sunday at b@q carpark people asked for my number if I wanted to sell the golf

6. Joehough

Yeah I nipped out to test my latest attempt at realignment of exhaust system, popped into Tesco, when I came out there were 3 blokes stood around admiring it, all of them of a certain age (mid to late fifties)

7. costel1969

costel1969 Paid Member Paid Member

Joe, I know this is slightly off topic but when I had my 16V and stuck a Jetex exhaust on it, it absolutely bust my chops thumping under the car. I couldn't see anything major but it was the rear box - my fix was squeezing the living s@@t out of the rubbers using large cable ties and then the back box went rigid and no more moving/thumping. I had to replace the cable ties every 4-6 months but it was worth it as the burble from it was just magic - not loud by any means but a very subdued growl.

8. Joehough

Thanks Costel it is a rubbish design that 3rd box has the pipe in and out and the hangar all on one end, so no support for the rest of it. I will persevere and get it right eventually. But I do fancy a jetex system.

9. Simon Peter Dodgson Forum Member

I have the thumping starting.after removing middle to back box for gearshift refurb

10. Joehough

I have sorted it for now, but something is out of line as the tail pipes are about 3 inches too far to the right. I seem to recall the centre section was not a perfectly straight line (klarius) so I guess depending how it is sitting will alter the angle of third box and thus rear box. I will have to loosen the clamps and try rotating it to see if it helps, but for now no bangs, I know there is supposed to be a bung (available from heritage) that goes somewhere between rear box and body, but not sure how or where it fits.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly Paid Member Paid Member

12. Joehough