Front crossmember mounts, where can I get polybushes for it?

Discussion in 'Chassis' started by Nige, May 2, 2007.

1. Nige

Nige Paid Member Paid Member

I have a MK2 Golf, the front crossmember on my original car has polybushes fitted. That was damaged and I have a new crossmember, but that only has rubber mounting bushes.

Anyone know where I can get the poly mounts for it?

I`ve tried Big-boys and rally designs and they only sell the front subframe (where the rear engine mount bolts to) polybushes, not the front (where the front engine mount bolts to) crossmember ones.

Nige.

2. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

I got mine from Gwent VW. Not sure if that is a good price but all done and dusted now.

4 x Front Subframe mounts (PFF85-215) = 27.96 (for 4)

[​IMG]

3. Nige

They are EXACTLY what I want :clap: :clap:

Thanks.

Now I have a number, I can ring round. Is that (PFF85-215) a VW number or a Powerflex one ?

Cheers.

Nige.

4. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Powerflex part number. :thumbup:

5. Nige

Just rang big-boys to order some and they say they are MK1 Anti Roll Bar bushes [:s]

I`ll try Gwent VW .

6. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

Strange... that's what was on my receipt and the actual box itself when I got them from Gwent.

Gwent link

7. Nige

8. nealey Forum Junkie

Do the poly ones make a lot of difference?

9. thegolfman Forum Member

Thats what i was thinking... The front engine mount is bolted to that part of the subframe so would you feel vibrations more?

10. Nige

The car is a stripped MK2 track car. Caged and polybushed, Coilovers and all new balljoints / track rod ends. I`m trying to minimise excess play wherever possible so the suspension can do its job. Comfort is pretty low on the list :lol:

11. mk1 driver Forum Junkie

12. jamesa Forum Junkie

Powerflex part no. is PFF85-250

4 @ 6.25 + VAT

www.powerflex.co.uk ... item no. 6 on the VW Golf Mk2,3/Corrado/Vento drawing

13. Supercharged Forum Member

Yep, as above... got min e from BBT on there open day - 20 ish with discount...

Noit fitted yet, hacksawed the old ones and getting the 'member' powdercoated - do the Power's push in fairly easily?

14. mk28vICED Forum Member

I've got powerflex crossmember mounts...unfortunatly they're in the spare room..not on the car [8(] , they have PFF 85-250 stamped on them, so hopefully they're the right ones.
    car as in sig..

Do i just prop the engine up and take the 4 front bumper bolts out and engine to front engine mount bolt. then cut the old mounts off and press the new ones on... can i use a wood vice or do i need press?

Big problem... I have an aftermarket front bumper... rs2 or 4 or something like that... and the front bumper metal subrame, which has the welded nuts which the subfame bolts clamp up to is missing one bolt due to rust.Subframe on 3 bolts[xx(] one day i tightened them up and the nut and the surrounding metal sheared from the bumper bracket...is this undrivable? i think i need a new bumper as you cant get a metal bumper bracket to fit the bumper i think i read...?[:x]
    any help appreciated...
    p.s The car is now ALIVE after being dead for 14 weeks! at least! ECU and injector changed and she's fired up today!!![:D] :lol:
    need to tidy the badboy up now and get down to some trackdays with you guys...