"G60" centre caps and locking wheel bolts

Discussion in 'Wheels and Tyres' started by ravello, Jan 1, 2012.

1. ravello Forum Member

I have G60 steels on my mk2 (I know they are actually Passat steels but as most people call them G60s, I will do so!).:lol: I also have locking wheel bolts which prevent me from fitting the centre and bolt caps. Apart from obviously replacing the locking bolts with normal ones, is there any other solution to enable me to fit the caps? For example, is there a locking bolt that is the same shape as the normal one but has a locking feature in the centre, similar to the McGards?

2. rubjonny

rubjonny Administrator Staff Member Admin

can you not just open up one of the holes a bit and not put the bolt cap on the mcgard :lol:

3. turbotommy Forum Member

I used the caddy centre caps on my old set,they have bolt caps built in so they are easier to fit and could be modded i think.

4. ravello Forum Member

I don't think the cap will fit on a McGard bolt, they are circular aren't they?

I already have the centre caps and bolt caps, I would prefer not to have to buy another set!