GF's Polo rear ended

Discussion in 'Ooooops!' started by dooosuk, Apr 9, 2009.

1. dooosuk Forum Member

Here's my girlfriends 50k mile Polo with 12mth's MOT just 3 weeks ago:

[​IMG]

Rear ended by a Fiat Punto at 25mph'ish, whilst she was just pulling away from traffic lights.

Mechanically fine, haven't opened the boot but no doubt it'll be a write off.

So, if I buy it back, could it be driven around as it is? The passenger door opens and closes fine, so if the boot opens and closes fine and the boot floor is ok would it pass a VIC check if I put a bumper from the scrapyard on it? Or would they be examining the chassis in detail?

I could bash some of the dents out to make the bodywork look slightly better.

Thanks
    Andy

2. RIP-MK3 Forum Addict

if you can be bothered - take the money, buy back and then break and sell bits. You would then have a decent some of to go find a nice car with no dodgy chassis

3. WillG

WillG Forum Member

As long as the chassis damage (if there is, I'm presuming there is with the quarter panel bent like it is) is behind the rear suspension turret then you should be OK.

You'll need an engineers report to put it back on the road - i.e. local garage looking at it and signing it as ok - then sent to insurance to reinsure it.

4. dooosuk Forum Member

Cheers guys. Will get it checked out before deciding what to do with it.

Not sure there's enough sort after parts to break it quickly. Don't have room to store it or any parts so sadly if we don't keep it on the road it'll be going to someone else to make money on.

5. gary319y Forum Member

keep me in mind if you sell, i might have it.

6. copeidge

copeidge Forum Member

looks nasty hope everyone okay.

7. jApAn Forum Member

I accidentally read the title as "GF in the polo read ended"

8. AndyOut Forum Member

VIC check is only a Vehicle identity check to make sure you havent "rung" the car or used any nicked bits It doesnt include an inspection of how well the repair has been done