GM Trackdays

Discussion in 'Quality retailers & Supplies' started by 2dubnick, Jan 7, 2011.

1. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Gave this company 99pounds for a trackday at Llandow in 11days about a week ago, heard nothing from them so emailed a few times and still nothing. Just checked the website and the trackday is now canceled, they still havent contacted me or given me a refund.

I would recommend that everyone avoids this company at all costs, they don't run alot of days but if you see anything from them I really wouldn't risk sending these idiots any money, its clearly someone trying to make a few quid and as they haven't got enough bookings to even break even so there calling it off and atm I'm worried there taking people money at the same time.

2. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

That is bad not contacting you directly. I usually book trackdays at Llandow direct with the circuit, I like the track and the guys there are relly good. I'm sure it's only 80.00 for thier own trackdays, open pitlane etc. There is one on the 12th Feb as they sent me an email earlier in the week. their site is here - www.llandow.com

3. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Yea, ditto on normally booking through them, been going there years and despite its basic layout you never seem to get bored going round, did you get an email from them about the trackday on jan 18th and the link to book throu GM trackdays? Not sure I got an email about feb 12th, cant do that weekend anyway as Im at Oulton on the 11th and Malory the 13th, just wanted Llandow to do some testing, didnt mind paying the extra this time as 2 others had paid me money to have a go in my car and GM trackdays said I could have 3 extra drivers for free.

4. mat-mk3

mat-mk3 Administrator Admin

From Llandow site:
    Our next trackdays are:
    Car Trackday Wednesday 29th December 10 CANCELLED

Something up with them? I want to take mine for a test when its done!

5. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

Just had an email from them, gave an excuss and refunded, maybe I overreacted but I'm used to pretty good com from track organizers so canceling a day without even telling me wound me up, especially as I just took all the seats out and fitted a bucket seat/harness and solid front mount.

Mat llandow has got a genuine 80quid day Feb 12th, 2 days in December canceled because of snow.

6. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

aalso mat did you hear about colerne?

7. danster Forum Addict

Nice to have that sorted out. :thumbup:

Communication is everything when dealing in any type of business. No info always makes folk fear the worst.

8. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

^Indeed specially in this day and age where we are lead to believe if you use the internet you will get ripped off, got myself worked up due to the fact it would have been a pretty good scam, 30 people pay upfront for a non existent trackday $$$$

9. mat-mk3

Oh god, no? Don't tell me they have scrapped that now!

10. 2dubnick Forum Junkie

They resurfaced some areas and then wanted to much money from MSE for the apparent damage the cars where causing so they axed it. Possibly one of the best airfield tracks imo, wish I had done more days there.

11. mat-mk3

Ah that sucks! That was the first place i was going to take the Golf. Great track that was!

12. TonyB Paid Member Paid Member

Llandow

Assume you guys are aware you can justbook a day or half a day testing most week days at Llandow if your just for testing. I've just turned up before and paid for half a day at the time (phoned first of course). Some interesting tarmac rally cars etc there last time I went so you get some good info as you aren't in competition with each other so people aren't as cagey as they sometimes are.

I just go to make sure nothing falls off or doesn't work at speed. My car is road legal so I can test it generally on the road but you can never drive at 100% on public roads. I tend to make sure everything is lined up, level and angled the right way and leave it alone, I'm not talented enough to tell whether the changes are better or worse[:$].

It costs more than a track day (I think 90.00/170.00 half and full day) but it's open pit lane and you can use lap timers etc. Technically you need a race licence but as I said I've tested there on a speed licence, you might be able to add drivers but I can't remember.

Glad you have been sorted though. As danster says communication is important. I run a business and I know it is difficult sometimes to get things done as soon as you should but there are certain things that need doing, if they have their act together they won't make this mistake again. Probably worth giving them the benefit of doubt on this occasion with all the confusion over Christmas.